Popular girls, Golden Sorya Mall in PP and death

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Popular girls, Golden Sorya Mall in PP and death

Post by blueman.cambodia »

There is a FB group called "P.P. Pub Street (Golden Sorya Mall)"
I see a post today of a fairly well known lady of Sorya Mall who recently died. A buddy of mine who virtually lives there has sent me messages now and again of yet another of the Sorya Mall ladies meeting her creator. Almost seems like a doomed existence for those gals.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Popular girls, Golden Sorya Mall in PP and death

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Meth and AIDS aren't generally a combo that leads to longevity. Those girls have it rough for sure, most are long-term hookers which is bad enough, but once you throw in meth into the mix, your odds of survival become rather abyssal. The area has been a total shithole for around five years now.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Phnom Penh's very own Ground Zero & Wall Street mash-up area : Dust (in ziplocs though), tears, concerning health problems and STD's stock exchange (all pizzas have mushrooms there, and not only pizzas, and not only mushrooms).
If one is there on a regular basis, one could ask himself why, and reassess what his better options are...
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Joined the group after reading your message, and it's really something else... Had no idea that place was so dark. No wonder the place itself feels different from the rest of the bar areas. Across the road, along martini's ... it feels fine. But once you cross over, everything changes. Not a place I would recommend to anyone. The malaysian food there is good though.

Back to the FB group, the wall reads like an obituary section, and the comments make me feel like I stumbled into the twilight zone or a 4chan thread from 2010. Such "colorful" characters there to put it nicely.

I don't recognize any of the faces posted in the obituaries though. But one thing is clear... there were signs long before, just going by the photos. Like a photo gallery of a slow motion car crash.

I'm sure the police and social services can see that as well.

I would like to see the place shut down or the night life portion removed from that area. When too many troubled and downtrodden people gather together in a fixed location day in and day out... it soon becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic