Smuggling through airports with body-strapped stuff

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Re: Smuggling through airports with body-strapped stuff

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

blueman.cambodia wrote:Last time I travelled into Phnom Penh or Siem Reap airports internationally..... no body scanners, no x-ray of luggage upon arrival, no sniffer dogs, no swab tests.
I seriously believe that if you could somehow bypass security in the originating country with an AK-47 and a couple kg of C4 and a few kg of heroin in the checked in baggage.... Cambodia authorities would not know it.
Scanners aren't always in plain sight...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
blueman.cambodia
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by blueman.cambodia »

Bitte_Kein_Lexus wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:51 am
blueman.cambodia wrote:Last time I travelled into Phnom Penh or Siem Reap airports internationally..... no body scanners, no x-ray of luggage upon arrival, no sniffer dogs, no swab tests.
I seriously believe that if you could somehow bypass security in the originating country with an AK-47 and a couple kg of C4 and a few kg of heroin in the checked in baggage.... Cambodia authorities would not know it.
Scanners aren't always in plain sight...
really? you believe that?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

If you believe what these airport documentaries are telling you, most of what goes on with regard to security and customs goes on out of sight. By the time the infamous 'Hello sir, where have you traveled from today? Could you just come over to the table for me please' phrase is suddenly put to you out of the blue, just as you think you've nailed it, they've already had a dog sniff your bag, monitored your movements through the airport, done a background check on you and have reasonable suspicion to at least chat to you and give your bags a good swab.

It's why going through the green channel in customs often seems surprisingly empty of officers. It just means they've already checked everyone on the flight and no-one has been flagged as someone of concern.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic