Heat Resistant Paint in PP.

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Heat Resistant Paint in PP.

Post by Chad Sexington »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:16 pm Image

I use this stuff for motorcycle header pipes, bought in a hardware/marine place in Kampot, Works just fine

I imagine it should be in the likes of home top and at the back of russian market in PP
That looks very promising.
Cheers mate👍
SlowJoe
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by SlowJoe »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:16 pm I imagine it should be in the likes of home top and at the back of russian market in PP
Heads up, I've never found high temp paint in Russian market and I've been shopping there 12 years.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Little bit more information Chad -

UNBOXING:
Samurai Spray Paints are the first spray paint brand in the market to cater specifically to motorcycle use. It is gasoline resistant and its flexible enough to avoid cracking with constant movement and flexing of the fairings. With these excellent features, Samurai can also be used in other applications such as for automotive, household, general purpose, models and action figures, etc.

Samurai Paint is 100% made in Malaysia using Japanese technology. Constant research and development have made Samurai the best quality and affordable spray paint brand in Southeast Asia and India. Samurai boasts of more than 150 colors and types of spray paints and other products.

H1*** Hi-Temp Silver

It is a fast-drying decorative paint that can withstand temperatures up to 600°C for a prolonged period of time. The presence of silicone resin increases the heat resistance of paints; as a result, the paints will not tarnish quickly as compared to the conventional paints. It is used on motorcycle exhaust pipes and manifolds.

Complete dry : 1 – 2 hours
Intercoat : After 4-5 minutes

UCH210*-SURFACER is a quick drying Nitrocellulose based aerosol paint, that can be used on a wide range of interior and exterior substrates. It is commonly used for spot repair, repainting of objects for reconditioning purpose.

Always "hope" but never "expect".
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

I use this stuff for motorcycle header pipes, bought in a hardware/marine place in Kampot, Works just fine

I imagine it should be in the likes of home top and at the back of russian market in PP
For anyone else who might be interested, I managed to locate this paint at Global in PP.
They have it in Flat Black (as pictured) also in Glossy Black and Aluminium. ($5:50 per can)
Global stock 2 types of Heat Resistant Paint, this one rated for up to 1200 degrees, and another brand rated for up to 400 degrees.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:04 pm

For anyone else who might be interested, I managed to locate this paint at Global in PP.
They have it in Flat Black (as pictured) also in Glossy Black and Aluminium.
Global stock 2 types of Heat Resistant Paint, this one rated for up to 1200 degrees, and another brand rated for up to 400 degrees.
I am happy to see you have found the product of your choice for the job in hand Chad, I also don't think you will go far wrong using the product recommended firstly by Jerry whom spoke well of it from prior use and durability.
In response and your question of interest, I am genuinely interested in all types of paint, and its application.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Curious which shop this is at?

Working on a project with some ugly headers...
-insert signature here
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Chad Sexington wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 2:04 pm For anyone else who might be interested, I managed to locate this paint at Global in PP.
They have it in Flat Black (as pictured) also in Glossy Black and Aluminium. ($5:50 per can)
Yep, I got from Global House also, used to repaint my Ugly Drum Smoker, held up well with high temps.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

AE86 wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:33 pm

Curious which shop this is at?

Working on a project with some ugly headers...
Kampot - head out SKV road, past new Total station and it's a marine supply/mechanical supply place beside a metalworking shop on the rhs after like 900m
AE86
Expatriate
Japan

Post by AE86 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:10 pm
Kampot - head out SKV road, past new Total station and it's a marine supply/mechanical supply place beside a metalworking shop on the rhs after like 900m
Cheers, found it.
-insert signature here
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic