Best areas to stay for 2 weeks in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
yankeesnlakers
Tourist

Best areas to stay for 2 weeks in Phnom Penh?

Post by yankeesnlakers »

Hey guys, staying in Phnom Penh for 2 weeks, what are the best areas to stay as a tourist? I am early 30s, male, into nightlife, but more so into lounger, sky bars, nightclubs (EDM is my jam) but won't say no to a girlie bar. I currently have reservations to live in "The Bridge" condominiums, but I was wondering if there are better areas for a heavier nightlife scene?

All suggestions and recommendations are welcome!
Equinix
Expatriate

Re: Best areas to stay for 2 weeks in Phnom Penh?

Post by Equinix »

The Bridge sucks, not sure what the architect was thinking but it sucks. Image

I would highly recommend staying at "the 252" it's very close to BKK1 and Tonle Bassac and roughly 5 minutes from the riverside.

The place has a nice pool with loads of tree cover and some gazebos you can relax in =)

The 252 Boutique Hotel
023 998 252
https://maps.app.goo.gl/NLxPP82kPyZZzQsg9
Last edited by Equinix on Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

WTF is EDM?
cambo swa
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cambo swa »

armchairlawyer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:15 am WTF is EDM?
Electronic Dance Music. Not proud that I know that. Somewhat resembles what we all know as music.
yankeesnlakers
Tourist

Post by yankeesnlakers »

Equinix wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:33 am The Bridge sucks, not sure what the architect was thinking but it sucks. Image

I would highly recommend staying at "the 252" it's very close to BKK1 and Tonle Bassac and roughly 5 minutes from the riverside.

The place has a nice pool with loads of tree cover and some gazebos you can relax in =)

The 252 Boutique Hotel
023 998 252
Hi,

Why does it suck, could you elaborate? Is it just bad living conditions? I saw a few YT videos and it seemed fine - I am concerned about the location, is there nightlife around there on a walking distance?

I don't want to live in an hotel, I want a living room where I can relax and work, that's why I chose an Airbnb
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

yankeesnlakers wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:11 am
Equinix wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:33 am The Bridge sucks, not sure what the architect was thinking but it sucks. Image

The 252 Boutique Hotel
023 998 252
Hi,

Why does it suck, could you elaborate? Is it just bad living conditions? I saw a few YT videos and it seemed fine - I am concerned about the location, is there nightlife around there on a walking distance?

I don't want to live in an hotel, I want a living room where I can relax and work, that's why I chose an Airbnb
Room layout doesn't make much sense (esp. toilet / bathroom with a wet toilet all day after a shower) and location sucks for your purpose.
yankeesnlakers
Tourist

Post by yankeesnlakers »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:19 am
yankeesnlakers wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:11 am

The 252 Boutique Hotel
023 998 252
Hi,

Room layout doesn't make much sense (esp. toilet / bathroom with a wet toilet all day after a shower) and location sucks for your purpose.
Not be indelicate, but do hotel staff mind if I bring girls (either the ones I meet at clubs, tinders, or even "working" girls)? Different girls every night?

So the location for The Bridge sucks for nightlife? I saw a few nightclubs within walking distance. Is BKK1 better for that then? Or would you recommend Riverside near 130/136? Looking at Tao Riverside Residence for the latter purpose
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

yankeesnlakers wrote:
Hi,

As Kammekor mentioned, the layout of the apartment seems to be designed by an idiot.

252 is two streets away from 278 street with a few places catering to westerners and it also got Love club (nightclub). From 278 it's only a few minutes walk to Bassac lane which has many little bars/restaurants.
yankeesnlakers
Tourist

Post by yankeesnlakers »

Equinix wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:37 am
yankeesnlakers wrote:
Hi,

As Kammekor mentioned, the layout of the apartment seems to be designed by an idiot.

252 is two streets away from 278 street with a few places catering to westerners and it also got Love club (nightclub). From 278 it's only a few minutes walk to Bassac lane which has many little bars/restaurants.
Got it, I will look into 252 and Duong Chan hotel which is very close by. How's Love Club?

As I understand there are no girlie bars in this area and I will need to go to 130 or 136 for that kind of "entertainment" right?

As for the bringing girls question, do the hotel staff care?
Equinix
Expatriate

Post by Equinix »

yankeesnlakers wrote:
Equinix wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:37 am
yankeesnlakers wrote:
Hi,

Got it, I will look into 252 and Duong Chan hotel which is very close by. How's Love Club?

As I understand there are no girlie bars in this area and I will need to go to 130 or 136 for that kind of "entertainment" right?

As for the bringing girls question, do the hotel staff care?
Love club used to be the place where loads of bargirls would end up after their shift. Also got some freelancers there. I've not been there for a while.

I don't believe bringing girls is an issue.

Edit: just messaged the owner. She said girls are not allowed Image
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic