Best areas to stay for 2 weeks in Phnom Penh?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Best areas to stay for 2 weeks in Phnom Penh?

Post by Cooldude »

Sticking with the nightlife motif, can someone from the VIP Nightlife invite me to that private space? I need some guidance on PP more... err... seedier aspects. Let me know if it is against the rules to ask this way and I will delete this last part of my post l

Go to Street 51 between streets 172 and 154 around 4am. You'll get your fill of the seedier side of Phnom Penh.
yankeesnlakers
Tourist

Post by yankeesnlakers »

Cooldude wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:46 am Sticking with the nightlife motif, can someone from the VIP Nightlife invite me to that private space? I need some guidance on PP more... err... seedier aspects. Let me know if it is against the rules to ask this way and I will delete this last part of my post l

Go to Street 51 between streets 172 and 154 around 4am. You'll get your fill of the seedier side of Phnom Penh.
The right kind of seedier side tho right? Not trying to score drugs, just drinks and girls. I thought 136 was the epicenter of activity? Is that not the case anymore?
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

The right kind of seedier side tho right? Not trying to score drugs, just drinks and girls. I thought 136 was the epicenter of activity? Is that not the case anymore?

There's a right and wrong side to the seedier side? πŸ€”
yankeesnlakers
Tourist

Post by yankeesnlakers »

Cooldude wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:13 am The right kind of seedier side tho right? Not trying to score drugs, just drinks and girls. I thought 136 was the epicenter of activity? Is that not the case anymore?

lol, I guess not? So 136 is not good anymore?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

yankeesnlakers wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:27 am How did you get such a good rate? Do you have a contact/info that I can connect with to get those rates? I am seeing 150+ on Google for the Hyatt Regency. on PP.
He's clearly not keen to share, bs, I suspect. Did you decide on a place yet?
[/quote]

Yeah so I decided to rent an apartment at the bridge. The layout doesnt bother me and if a tuk tuk drive is 10-15 mins everywhere for any kind of nightlife I'd rather live in an apartment than an hotel room where I can have more privacy and can bring guests without having to show id, etc.

Sticking with the nightlife motif, can someone from the VIP Nightlife invite me to that private space? I need some guidance on PP more... err... seedier aspects. Let me know if it is against the rules to ask this way and I will delete this last part of my post lol
[/quote]
Maybe PM one of the mods instead of hiding your request in a 'Where to stay best' thread?
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

yankeesnlakers wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:27 am
Gazzy wrote: ↑Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:05 am
yankeesnlakers wrote: ↑Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:38 am
nndavid wrote: ↑Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:34 pm Speaking of St 178, just checked in to the Hyatt Regency yesterday. Got a good long-stay rate on a small suite - thanks to COVID, I guess! Occupancy is about 40 in a 247 room, new hotel, I'm told. Wonderful property.

Apparently, official opening is on in the morning (15 Dec) and we are locked in till noon, as SAMSPTHS will be popping in (sure you can work that acronym out!) :)
How did you get such a good rate? Do you have a contact/info that I can connect with to get those rates? I am seeing 150+ on Google for the Hyatt Regency. on PP.
Yeah so I decided to rent an apartment at the bridge. The layout doesnt bother me and if a tuk tuk drive is 10-15 mins everywhere for any kind of nightlife I'd rather live in an apartment than an hotel room where I can have more privacy and can bring guests without having to show id, etc.

Sticking with the nightlife motif, can someone from the VIP Nightlife invite me to that private space? I need some guidance on PP more... err... seedier aspects. Let me know if it is against the rules to ask this way and I will delete this last part of my post lol
In hotels reception usually checks for the guests ID"s. Disadvantage of living in a private apartment is that you might wake up one morning "completely naked" (without phone, credit cards, money etc.) Happened to many. Be wise. Particularly if you take girl from the club.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
yankeesnlakers
Tourist

Post by yankeesnlakers »

Chuck Borris wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 11:20 am
yankeesnlakers wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 4:27 am
Gazzy wrote: ↑Fri Dec 17, 2021 6:05 am
yankeesnlakers wrote: ↑Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:38 am
nndavid wrote: ↑Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:34 pm Speaking of St 178, just checked in to the Hyatt Regency yesterday. Got a good long-stay rate on a small suite - thanks to COVID, I guess! Occupancy is about 40 in a 247 room, new hotel, I'm told. Wonderful property.

Apparently, official opening is on in the morning (15 Dec) and we are locked in till noon, as SAMSPTHS will be popping in (sure you can work that acronym out!) :)
How did you get such a good rate? Do you have a contact/info that I can connect with to get those rates? I am seeing 150+ on Google for the Hyatt Regency. on PP.

In hotels reception usually checks for the guests ID"s. Disadvantage of living in a private apartment is that you might wake up one morning "completely naked" (without phone, credit cards, money etc.) Happened to many. Be wise. Particularly if you take girl from the club.
Hmmm OK, I am gonna lock every important thing in the room safe then
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

yankeesnlakers wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:56 am
Cooldude wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 10:13 am The right kind of seedier side tho right? Not trying to score drugs, just drinks and girls. I thought 136 was the epicenter of activity? Is that not the case anymore?

lol, I guess not? So 136 is not good anymore?
Street 136 is frigging brilliant, 130, 118 and 104 are even better. The last poster is right, taking a girl home from a club is risky in terms of theft and STIs. Better to pay a $10 bar fine. Think of it as an insurance premium. Especially from a well run western owned bar. Mind you, the Khmer owned bars are more fun!
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

armchairlawyer wrote: ↑Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:48 pm Better to pay a $10 bar fine. Think of it as an insurance premium.
I was under the impression 10$ barfines and 50c beers succumbed due to covid.

Well, not literally, but were replaced by their 50% more expensive sibling.
nndavid
Expatriate
Singapore

Post by nndavid »

Gazzy wrote: ↑Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:32 pm May I ask what's the good rate for a small suite?
$110 per night for a minimum stay of 30 days
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic