Hate Crime Hoax: Jussie Smollett Found Guilty

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Hate Crime Hoax: Jussie Smollett Found Guilty

Post by Big Daikon »

johnnywalker3 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:29 pm It was very predictable that it was a hoax. The problem is that the media will many times never cover a story when it is revealed to be a hoax so many are unaware how frequently it happens. I followed quite a few high profile incidents that I thought were unlikely and every one of them turned out to be a hoax.

When the media does actually cover a hoax they will frame it as something that rarely happens which is not true at all. It happens a lot. There is apparently not enough hate crime to keep up with the demand needed to sustain outrage so people have stepped up to meet demand.

https://www.fakehatecrimes.org/
I find this fascinating on so many levels. The mythology in the US is that murderous, racists are slaughtering innocent, cherubic minorities when the data just don't support it. (Interracial stats show the opposite, with whites being the majority of victims.) The demand for white racist violence far exceeds the supply, so some choose to fake it. Usually in ridiculous ways.

I suppose also victim culture comes into play here. You can get attention from things being done to you, from being the victim. You can do interviews, maybe get a book deal.

Bizarre, but somehow entertaining to observe.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Hate Crime Hoax: Jussie Smollett Found Guilty

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Thought I would drop this here......

https://babylonbee.com/news/cruel-jussi ... s-attacker

Doggone, I love the Babylon bee.
What, Me worry?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic