Finally! Almost 20 Fierce Monkeys at Wat Phnom Relocated to Phnom Tamao

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Finally! Almost 20 Fierce Monkeys at Wat Phnom Relocated to Phnom Tamao

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia news(Phnom Penh): On 9 December 2021, some of the monkeys living at Wat Phnom, who had become fierce and dangerous because they are no longer afraid of humans, were finally relocated to the Phnom Tamao Zoological Park by professional officers.
Local people had asked the authorities for help because they were increasingly concerned by agressive monkeys entering their homes, stealing food, and attacking children.
The authorities captured more than 20 monkeys that were large and ferocious, and they have relocated them to Phnom Tamao. Mr. Koam Seiha confirmed that the monkeys will be released at Phnom Tamao Zoo to live freely in nature, but before being released to the natural area, the monkeys will be kept and monitored for 14 days.
The team will continue to catch and remove the more dangerous monkeys in the areas, but they will allow many other monkeys who have a gentle character to continue to live in the Wat Phnom area to attract tourists.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Finally! Almost 20 Fierce Monkeys at Wat Phnom Relocated to Phnom Tamao

Post by Bongmab69 »

my hotel is just around Wat Phnom and wednesday all day long they were working with a trap on the rooftop-pool, the monkeys used to come to drink from the pool and even swim in it, i remember been swimming here 2 years ago, and they where looking at me from the next roof, hahaha, but when i came out, they run away, i am slightly bigger and heavier then they are. But this time i have counted about 30 of them, they captured surely 20 and yesterdday they set the trap up again, but non of them appeared again, and just now they came again to remove the trap. Curious if i go for a swim today i will have spectatures again, hahaha. A little curious how the water would be, they used to swim in it, and drink from it, it looks pretty clean !! ?? Didnt Ebola jump from monkeys to human ??? Hhahahah !! ??
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Wow. These monkeys in India are a hit squad.

Monkeys blamed for hundreds of puppy deaths captured in India
Villagers claim animals were carrying out ‘revenge killings’ after dogs killed an infant monkey
Hannah Ellis-Petersen in Delhi
Tue 21 Dec 2021 14.20 GMT
Last modified on Tue 21 Dec 2021 19.57 GMT

Two monkeys that allegedly killed hundreds of puppies in the Indian state of Maharastra have been captured.

Villagers in Lavool village, in the Beed district of Maharastra, reported the langur monkeys after they witnessed them engaging in what seemed to be targeted killings of the neighbourhood puppies by snatching them and taking them up to deadly heights.

The villagers claimed the monkeys were carrying out “revenge killings” after dogs had killed an infant monkey.

“In the last two to three months, there have been incidents where the langurs roaming in the area would catch puppies and take them to a place with considerable height to throw them from there. At least 250 dogs have been killed so far,” a villager told the Indian news agency ANI.

The monkeys were reported to have left puppies on roofs and in trees where they would die from lack of food and water, and in other incidents they would be thrown down and killed. The locals said the monkeys had been so thorough that there were no puppies left in Lavool village.

An official from the district office said there was no proof the monkeys’ actions were being driven by revenge.

“This [the killing of an infant monkey by dogs] is said to have enraged the monkeys who in retaliation are killing the puppies of dogs as per local residents. But we do not have any proof to back up this theory. It’s animal behaviour and we cannot ascertain why they are behaving like this,” he said.

The villagers reported the animals to the forest department after the monkeys allegedly began harassing local children.

The local forest department confirmed they had captured the two alleged culprits, who would be released into a nearby forest.

“Two monkeys involved in the killing of dogs have been captured by a Nagpur forest department team in Beed,” forest officer Sachin Kand told local media.

The incident went viral across social media in India, prompting “Monkey vs Dogs gang war” to begin trending.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/ ... d-in-india
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Don't be fooled by the poofy haircuts
Monkeys are hardcore

The rest of the poor bloody menagerie out at Phnom Tamao are about to have their lives turned upside down.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic