Proof of Vaccination to avoid Mandatory QT on entering Cambodia

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Proof of Vaccination to avoid Mandatory QT on entering Cambodia

Post by Uncle-V »

Hi guys,

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered elsewhere. But I have scoured the Cambo Visa FB page looking for the answer. And the Cambodian embassy in my country of residence is not answering my calls :(

For my proof of vaccination, I only have an official document that was issued by the private clinic where I was vaccinated. It is an original document, stamped and signed (but no QR code). It indicates the dates I received both jabs.

As far as I know, Russia doesn't issue government vaccine cards/passports.

This is the document I uploaded to my evisa application (which was approved).

I'd like to find out if this document is accepted by immigration in Phnom Penh as proof of vaccination so that I can avoid quarantine. Do any of you guys have a suggestion on whom I should ask since I can't seem to get through to the Embassy/Consulate here?
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Proof of Vaccination to avoid Mandatory QT on entering Cambodia

Post by BklynBoy »

Uncle-V wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:38 pm Hi guys,

I apologize in advance if this question has been answered elsewhere. But I have scoured the Cambo Visa FB page looking for the answer. And the Cambodian embassy in my country of residence is not answering my calls :(

For my proof of vaccination, I only have an official document that was issued by the private clinic where I was vaccinated. It is an original document, stamped and signed (but no QR code). It indicates the dates I received both jabs.

As far as I know, Russia doesn't issue government vaccine cards/passports.

This is the document I uploaded to my evisa application (which was approved).

I'd like to find out if this document is accepted by immigration in Phnom Penh as proof of vaccination so that I can avoid quarantine. Do any of you guys have a suggestion on whom I should ask since I can't seem to get through to the Embassy/Consulate here?
as far as I know, that should work but @PSD-Kiwi can confirm.

In the United States, I have a postcard size card with the CDC logo on it. No QR code but they have something called the Excelsior Pass which when uploading your Vaccine Information, it generates a QR code. I am gonna have it printed and on phone just in case. Print in color if possible.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

I'm still trying to get through to the Embassy/Consulate......
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

Since we’re on the topic, anyone know if UK NHS Covid Pass (an app / QR code) is accepted?
WillieW
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by WillieW »

I see that Thailand are now looking for 3 doses to be fully inoculated. If the second dose was more than six months ago. Is that the same in Cambodia if not now I guess it will be pretty soon.?
Be your own toy.
Kuroneko
Expatriate

Post by Kuroneko »

WillieW wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:59 pm I see that Thailand are now looking for 3 doses to be fully inoculated. If the second dose was more than six months ago. Is that the same in Cambodia if not now I guess it will be pretty soon.?
Details in links below:

Rollout of booster dose of COVID-19 vaccine begins slowly in ...
https://www.khmertimeskh.com › rollout-of-booster-do...
Oct 12, 2021 — Cambodia's efforts to provide maximum protection for its population against COVID-19 by administering the 3rd or booster dose of the vaccine ...

More than 1.7 million Cambodians receive booster dose of ...
https://www.khmertimeskh.com › more-than-1-7-millio...
Oct 25, 2021 — Cambodia has administered the booster or third dose of the COVID-19 vaccine to 1711161 people since open public vaccination of Phnom Penh ...

Covid booster-shot campaign kicks off across the Kingdom
https://www.phnompenhpost.com › national › covid-bo...
Oct 11, 2021 — Tea Banh added that timely vaccinations could save the lives of many Cambodians by reducing the incidence of serious illness and deaths due to ...

Cambodian PM promises fourth Covid-19 booster dose - UCA ...
https://www.ucanews.com › News
Nov 3, 2021 — Backed by China, Cambodia has been widely praised for a swift and successful rollout of its vaccination program. The Southeast Asian country has .
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

UPDATE:
I finally got through to the consul at the embassy here. He barely spoke English (much less Russian). Probably someone's mentally challenged cousin who got the plumb job. LOL

From what I could make out from our conversation he said my document would be accepted as long as the clinic is recognized by the Russian government. Which it is - though it's not obvious from the document they gave me. I may go to the clinic and ask them to provide me with a document that shows proof that their clinic is licensed by the government.

So no straight answer from the consulate (hey why do his job - there are more fun things to do in Moscow). But I will try to get more documentation from the clinic.

Perhaps I am being paranoid. But it would suck to get all the way to Cambodia and then spend 2 weeks in quarantine and have to immediately fly back.

If anyone has any suggestions for who I could contact to verify whether my documents will be accepted I would be much obliged. I have a buddy on the ground that I can coax into doing the legwork....
kampotdjb
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by kampotdjb »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:39 pm Since we’re on the topic, anyone know if UK NHS Covid Pass (an app / QR code) is accepted?
Yes, it is. I came in 2 weeks ago.
I needed the NHS COVID Pass PDF which I had printed out to check in for the flight.
I'm sure showing them the QR code on my phone would have been fine.

Strangely, Phnom Penh medical screening required my vaccination card (which isn't proof of vaccination), but thankfully I still had mine.
They didn't even look at my QR codes.
WillieW
Expatriate
Bhutan

Post by WillieW »

Strangely, Phnom Penh medical screening required my vaccination card

I have the NHS app and also I can print a PDF but I do not know what this vaccination card is?
Be your own toy.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

Hi guys,

Just an update for anyone that may be curious.

It turns out that the RU gov does issue a COvid certificate. I was able to get a hold of mien after much legwork - 2 visits to the Gov registrar's office, 2 to the Pension fund (don't ask why?), and a visit to the clinic where I was vaccinated.

So I will not be braving immigration without it (and with just the certificate from the clinic). I think I should be good to go.

Many thanks to all those tha posted and sent me PMs in support.

Now its Phnom Penh or bust!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic