Routes to PP after Omicron?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Routes to PP after Omicron?

Post by pczz »

After 2 years of being stuck in various lockdowns i was looking forward to getting back to open Cambodia but... I cannot find any direct flights from europe. They all require transit at very least bangkok, kualalumpur, singapore or incheon. Its very hard to get data on transit requirements but AFAIK all of them are closed for transit except Bangkok, and the catch 22 is that you apparently need Thai covid insurance for transit even if you dont go through immigration because you have to still get a thai pass. Expensive for 2 hour transit airside if you are the wrong side of 60, and the policy doesn't start until you go through immigration, which i am not doing! And then I have to pay again on my return because the insurance cancels when you get on the flight out. Please tell me I am wrong. Does anybody know whats actually happening on transits at BKK or KL or SGN now omicron has arrived? I could stay a week in Thalinad to use up the insurance but I don't imagine its much fun with everything except retaurants closed, and no beer after 11pm :-(
Bluenose
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Routes to PP after Omicron?

Post by Bluenose »

There weren't any direct flights from Europe to Cambodia even before Covid!
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

Transit through Singapore only requires a PCR test which you will need anyway for your entry in to Cambodia, so I think no real additional burden there
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Latest KL advice from DFAT (Au)
Note the underlined part re using the same terminal/airport only - and make sure your connecting flights fit.
KLIA2 was where Air Asia and other cheap airlines used pre Covid. Most flights from Eu came into KLIA (1).
Not sure of that situation at present.

Can I transit through Malaysia on the way to Australia (or elsewhere)?
Malaysia is currently permitting international transit to third-country destinations through Kuala Lumpur International Airport. The conditions that apply are:

You must not pass through immigration;
You need a valid onwards ticket to your next destination;
Your baggage needs to be checked all the way through to the final destination – you cannot pick it up in KLIA and check it in again. (You should confirm with your airline that it can do this for you.); and
You can only transit between flights that have you remaining in the same terminal between arrival and departure (i.e. you will not be permitted to transit if you land at KLIA2 terminal and then seek to depart from KLIA terminal, or vice versa).
Food and drink options are currently very limited at KLIA.

If you have a longer layover at KLIA between flights, the airside Sama-Sama Express Hotel https://samasamaexpress.com/klia/ (inside the terminal – not to be confused with a hotel of a similar name outside the airport) remains open for transiting passengers. We understand the Sama-Sama Express Hotel is regularly full, so you should book well in advance.
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

MY MATE from belgium came saturday through singapore, and he needed a PCR and an antigen-test to transit, nothing more. He was in trouble when he arrived here in PP together with his Khmer wife, she aws okay after some discussion, but they didnt let him in because he had his vaccination-certificad on his phone, and not printed out, she also, but she is khmer. After releasing everybody, he was the last in line, and they said: you want to come in or go back to your country, they wanted 50 US to clear his error, and then he was free to go !! ?? OOhhhh my preaaah, only in KOW !! ??
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

Can't wait for 100% global vaccination to be reached and we can all go back to normal. Oh wait.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Spigzy wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:23 pm Can't wait for 100% global vaccination to be reached and we can all go back to normal. Oh wait.
We really need to start looking into getting more than 100% of everyone vaccinated, it's the only way back to normal.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
pczz
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by pczz »

Bluenose wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:53 am There weren't any direct flights from Europe to Cambodia even before Covid!
There was one sort of with qatar thatflew into pp then HCM where we sat in the plane for refueling.
Thanks everybody for the info but does anyone know whats happening with transit at BKK? And anyone got any contacts in the insurance business? problem would be partially solved if thai insurance or Cambodian insurance covered you in both countries cos this messing about with thai policies that cancel when you leave thailand and another Khmer policy which cancels when you leave Cambodia is a load of expensive b"ll$h1t. If they dont want to accept worlwide travel insurance then they outh to come up with their own asian one! I know if you 30 the policies are pretty cheap but I am way over that and i reckon it would cost me $500+ if I took out the recommended/required policies in thailand and Cambodia. I hve free travel insuranc eon my credit card and it is for 10,500,000 GBP and covers covid and thailand, but there is no printed certificate !
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Bongmab69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:29 pm you want to come in or go back to your country, they wanted 50 US to clear his error, and then he was free to go !! ?? OOhhhh my preaaah, only in KOW !! ??
At least he made it in though, I'm sure he's not complaining
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

pczz wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:28 am
Bluenose wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:53 am There weren't any direct flights from Europe to Cambodia even before Covid!
There was one sort of with qatar thatflew into pp then HCM where we sat in the plane for refueling.
Thanks everybody for the info but does anyone know whats happening with transit at BKK? And anyone got any contacts in the insurance business? problem would be partially solved if thai insurance or Cambodian insurance covered you in both countries cos this messing about with thai policies that cancel when you leave thailand and another Khmer policy which cancels when you leave Cambodia is a load of expensive b"ll$h1t. If they dont want to accept worlwide travel insurance then they outh to come up with their own asian one! I know if you 30 the policies are pretty cheap but I am way over that and i reckon it would cost me $500+ if I took out the recommended/required policies in thailand and Cambodia. I hve free travel insuranc eon my credit card and it is for 10,500,000 GBP and covers covid and thailand, but there is no printed certificate !
Where do you get Thailand doesn't approve worldwide travel insurance? As long as you have a paper that say it's worldwide and covers covid treatment min. $50k you should be good to go. I just arrived via Thailand and I just used my free worldwide travel insurance that comes with my credit card. Asked them to write validity of insurance for covid that stated the amount like this, no needed specially state it's valid in Thailand :

Edit. just ask from your credit card / insurance provider that insurance validity document. I emailed them and got it next day. They totally knew what I needed.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic