Arizona cop fatally shoots man in wheelchair nine times in the back: video

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Arizona cop fatally shoots man in wheelchair nine times in the back: video

Post by Chuck Borris »

Wild west. First shoot and than ask.
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

9 warning shots in the back huh, officer must have received his training from the Mexican cartels.

R.I.P. crazy man in wheelchair.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
velvet_thunder
Expatriate

Post by velvet_thunder »

How unskilled you have to be to feel threatened that much by a disabled guy ? Most he could have done was hurting the officer feelings (sensible topic in this part of the world I know) and maybe a little scratch

and not being able to imagine any alternative solution(s) to 9 bullets in the back..

Considering that Police budget in US alone seem to be even superior than most of other countries military budget, that's surprising.
Maybe they should spend less monies in bullets and firearms and more in training
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

velvet_thunder wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:38 pm How unskilled you have to be to feel threatened that much by a disabled guy ? Most he could have done was hurting the officer feelings (sensible topic in this part of the world I know) and maybe a little scratch

and not being able to imagine any alternative solution(s) to 9 bullets in the back..

Considering that Police budget in US alone seem to be even superior than most of other countries military budget, that's surprising.
Maybe they should spend less monies in bullets and firearms and more in training
The fellow who shot him may have been a cop, but he was not acting as a cop when he shot this man, as he was off duty

So this wasn't a training incident or anything related to the pig force; he is responsible for his own actions
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:05 pm He threatened someone with a knife, refused to surrender said knife and then tried to enter a store brandishing the same knife

To be fair, he probably didn't need shooting 9 times lol but did sound like an odious turd
I agee, he did brandish a knife. But in most civilized countries they would have found another way to neutralize the threat.
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:46 pmThe fellow who shot him may have been a cop, but he was not acting as a cop when he shot this man, as he was off duty

So this wasn't a training incident or anything related to the pig force; he is responsible for his own actions
Yes, he was off duty. However, I do not think he has two attitude sets: one when he is working as a cop and one when he is moonlighting as a mall cop.
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:46 pm
velvet_thunder wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:38 pm How unskilled you have to be to feel threatened that much by a disabled guy ? Most he could have done was hurting the officer feelings (sensible topic in this part of the world I know) and maybe a little scratch

The fellow who shot him may have been a cop, but he was not acting as a cop when he shot this man, as he was off duty

He is a sworn police officer first & foremost. He is not able to just put on a security guard cap and plead ignorance as he's not on duty....

Cops are cops and know exactly what behaviour is expected of them at work and off duty/working a 2nd job.

He is a gutless imbecile who should be charged with murder.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Grand Barong wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:06 pm
Jerry Atrick wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:46 pm he is responsible for his own actions
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

They have what is called "qualified immunity " in carrying out law enforcement on or off duty.
However, He used his badge of authority in service of a private, non-governmental goal.
In this case he will not be shielded by this doctrine.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Bit early for the distasteful jokes.

I had a wheelchair-bound girlfriend, and they have it hard enough as it is; always getting pushed around and people talking behind their backs.

I know you're only pulling their legs, but wheally, take a brake.

BTW, I took my exes wheelchair after we broke up, until she gave my frisby back... Guess who came crawling back.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic