thinking of setting up a website and working online?

Phones, Internet, Computers and such.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

thinking of setting up a website and working online?

Post by phuketrichard »

you NEED SEO:

get some advice here
https://majestic.com/seo-in-2022
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: thinking of setting up a website and working online?

Post by nerdlinger »

Is this a company you run or something? There’s literally zero useful information on that page.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

nerdlinger wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:05 pm Is this a company you run or something? There’s literally zero useful information on that page.
nothing to do with them, but well respected people slatted for the podcast and future ebook

been getting very useful free newsletters form them for years

if you dont want info, dont join for the podcast
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:32 am
nerdlinger wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:05 pm Is this a company you run or something? There’s literally zero useful information on that page.
nothing to do with them, but well respected people slatted for the podcast and future ebook

been getting very useful free newsletters form them for years

if you dont want info, dont join for the podcast
You can't join the podcast.
The podcast "SEO in 2022" isn't available yet. Seems more like an email - name harvesting attempt than a podcast announcement at this time.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

look u sign up with ur email
when its going to be held ur advised>
nothing more , nothing less.

no idea why you 2 are making a big deal out of this link
I just thought since many are looking for online advise , this is an excellent intro on what goes into a website

wont make this mistake again
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

Intentions aside your post looks like spam no more no less.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I can't help getting the feeling we're going though some sort of mini 'dotcom bubble 2.0'.

One of the reasons so many people are quitting their jobs right now is because they've been working online at home for their big companies / corporations for so long, staring at their computers, that it's slowly dawned on them that if they put in the same amount of work and effort, they can use that very same tool from the very same location (who needs an expensive office anymore?) and work for themselves, either in a similar field to what they were always underpaid doing when they worked for their big companies, or a completely different field - the next big podcast / YouTube channel / author / programmer etc...

The only question is, is the internet big enough to accommodate all of these new digital entrepreneurs? I feel that only the best will actually be successful.

But back to the OP, you're right. Any online business / money making venture starts with good SEO.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

It starts with a good idea, SEO is one channel of marketing.
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

ItWasntMe wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:46 am It starts with a good idea, SEO is one channel of marketing.
not exactly, seo is not marketing.
its optimizing ur website so that he gets maximum traffic.

just having an idea ( ur idea, i gurantine you is nOT unique) it must be seen by the maximum number and hopefully, if ur site is optimized, those unique visitors and se engine crawls ( which will get you higher ranking) will convert to sales, commissions, views, bookings, etc etc.

The Truth About SEO and Website Performance
SEO has gained traction over the last few years, although many have yet to grasp its importance and relevance.
The truth is that SEO is not another marketing gimmick that costs a lot of money yet yields no results.

SEO acts like an engine in a car or tires on a bicycle; it gives your website its “go” in terms of search engine value.

Your website can look stunning, but that’s not enough to win in the search engines.

In the world of Google, it’s all about performance, relevancy, and just the right amount of optimization.

Without SEO, your website is essentially like driftwood in the sea.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

xandreu wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:35 am I can't help getting the feeling we're going though some sort of mini 'dotcom bubble 2.0'.

One of the reasons so many people are quitting their jobs right now is because they've been working online at home for their big companies / corporations for so long, staring at their computers, that it's slowly dawned on them that if they put in the same amount of work and effort, they can use that very same tool from the very same location (who needs an expensive office anymore?) and work for themselves, either in a similar field to what they were always underpaid doing when they worked for their big companies, or a completely different field - the next big podcast / YouTube channel / author / programmer etc...

The only question is, is the internet big enough to accommodate all of these new digital entrepreneurs? I feel that only the best will actually be successful.

But back to the OP, you're right. Any online business / money making venture starts with good SEO.
They say the corporate world has changed forever for reasons you stated - people having to work from home, now wanting to - and I did long ago.

I worked better without distractions, so I put it to the hierachy, that I would be more productive from home. They tried to compromise with a quiet office etc., but I was steadfast, and threatened to quit. They gave me a very good reference when they sacked me that day, so I found a new appointment the next day and went in with my idea early, which worked, as did the idea. I was pounding out much more the in the office environment. Problem for the company is what you said. I realised I could do this myself. More money, more headaches, but more money.

So I worked for myself, in competition with the company that had kindly given me the opportunity to realise etc...

The thing is it is only me, and admin is time-consuming. One email can take hours albeit, the ensuing ones are copy/pasters.

So, what I am getting to is, I'm interested and will check it out and issue feedback, because I need everything from office software to websites. And I will do them myself because both of the techies I have paid in advance have been so lazy, I educated myself and finished the project before they started.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic