Lovely Fremantle

Streaming video, book reviews, movie requests and more.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Lovely Fremantle

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:37 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:32 pm Are they still sans-narrative?
Do you mean without dialogue, or subtitled only? My voice sits in a base-ie/baritone kind of register which comes across a bit serious or grave if I'm casually speaking in vids. To make the voice engaging or dynamic takes a lot of performance effort or energy (gee that sounds arty-wanky-knobhead-like)I used to do voice over work, act professionally blah blah blah, but the vids I enjoy making are more observational - just wandering around shooting what pops up. It does seem I may not have a choice however, as finding background music is a huge time drain with copyright claims looming at every turn - copyright free music is just awful and can't be used.

Three copyright strikes on YouTube and you're out/banned! The tracks on the last two vids were sourced from the artist with him taking a portion of any moneys made, which is fair. That's fine now while it's just a giggle and a bit of fun, but screw that for a long term proposition should I decide to take this YouTube malarky a bit more seriously.
Hum-drum was alright for the inception vid. You might consider the guy that does the science docs - I think exclusively space - if things hot up. Whatshisname? Black fella. Great voice and expressions (voice), mainly, IMO, because he is genuinely into whats out there.

Caught myself digressing again. I'd be useless. You would feed your crust to the ducks and I would be off on a tangent comparing a Loire Valley boulangerie's bread-making methods to the trick to getting chapati bread soft and bendy - hot skillet, is the skill in it - and whether pumpernickle is popular in Germany because people like saying the name.

Wouldn't do that here, though.

Another guy who I'm sure would offer his voice has another name that has slipped Morgan Freeman. Similar voices. I have a feeling Morgan didn't take up acting until his 50's. Ungoogled, I am going out on a weak limb here.

Problem with either of them is, they might not have the laser-focus ability, that I possess, to stay on topic.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:51 am
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 8:37 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:32 pm Are they still sans-narrative?
Do you mean without dialogue, or subtitled only? My voice sits in a base-ie/baritone kind of register which comes across a bit serious or grave if I'm casually speaking in vids. To make the voice engaging or dynamic takes a lot of performance effort or energy (gee that sounds arty-wanky-knobhead-like)I used to do voice over work, act professionally blah blah blah, but the vids I enjoy making are more observational - just wandering around shooting what pops up. It does seem I may not have a choice however, as finding background music is a huge time drain with copyright claims looming at every turn - copyright free music is just awful and can't be used.

Three copyright strikes on YouTube and you're out/banned! The tracks on the last two vids were sourced from the artist with him taking a portion of any moneys made, which is fair. That's fine now while it's just a giggle and a bit of fun, but screw that for a long term proposition should I decide to take this YouTube malarky a bit more seriously.
Hum-drum was alright for the inception vid. You might consider the guy that does the science docs - I think exclusively space - if things hot up. Whatshisname? Black fella. Great voice and expressions (voice), mainly, IMO, because he is genuinely into whats out there.

Caught myself digressing again. I'd be useless. You would feed your crust to the ducks and I would be off on a tangent comparing a Loire Valley boulangerie's bread-making methods to the trick to getting chapati bread soft and bendy - hot skillet, is the skill in it - and whether pumpernickle is popular in Germany because people like saying the name.

Wouldn't do that here, though.

Another guy who I'm sure would offer his voice has another name that has slipped Morgan Freeman. Similar voices. I have a feeling Morgan didn't take up acting until his 50's. Ungoogled, I am going out on a weak limb here.

Problem with either of them is, they might not have the laser-focus ability, that I possess, to stay on topic.
Coincidence is a weird thing. Talking with a savvy friend last night whose job is social media management, as well as a chat with a couple of family members this morning - they all said " Gotta try use the voice." So we're going in a completely different direction for a week or two.

It's just a giggle.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

There's software that can do it for you. You just need to test a few to see which sounds okable.

"I'm visiting the portside town of Fremantle today.
I admire people who can draw or paint."
https://www.voicebooking.com/en/free-vo ... -generator

Google search 'free voice over generator software for video'
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Tonight I caught up with a musician friend of mine who's worked with ZZ Top, BB King, Buddy Guy and others who is a "grinder" in the music industry. The conversation turned to YouTube.....and with some festival stuff coming up over summer we agreed a "balls and all" series on what it's really like to be a local low billing act plowing away supporting others on the circuit at fifty years of age could be interesting to some - and maybe we might make some dough.

I first met my muso mate when I had my first band in 1991. One of the heavy weights of the local music scene dropped in on our gig and suggested we should check this kid playing down the road - thirty years later we're still pals.

I've gotta say I'm pretty excited at documenting the Western Australian blues/rock festival/pub circuit thing over summer with all areas access, and, well, mixing with some Australian music legends as they pass through will be kind of cool. I get a calendar of events in a few days.

This opportunity coming from posting a few silly Youtube videos.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

So you will be producing a full on documentary?
Great stuff. Will this be something you will enter into competitions and maybe hope SBS or the ABC might show, or will it be YouTube and advertising only?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

violet wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 3:46 am So you will be producing a full on documentary?
Great stuff. Will this be something you will enter into competitions and maybe hope SBS or the ABC might show, or will it be YouTube and advertising only?
I thought he mentioned something called Cannes. :unknown:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic