What will you do if you get Covid?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

What will you do if you get Covid?

Post by armchairlawyer »

I mean, how will you get treated?
Option 1 - Stay home, take paracetamol and hope for the best.
Option 2 - Go to a government treatment facility. There have been some good reports of these, and some not so good. If you like your home comforts and don't speak fluent Khmer, it will be less good.
Option 3 - Go to a private hospital. I know of a wealthy Khmer who rocked up to the Royal with Covid. They treated him very effectvely, he was in there for a couple of weeks and on discharge was presented with a very reasonable bill of $200k.

People triggered by the mention of Ivermectin should stop reading now.

Option 4 - Follow the FLCCC Protocol.
https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-cont ... NGLISH.pdf
The link has all the details on how to use all the things you need. Here's how to buy them here:
Ivermectin tablets from India are now available in Cambodia and much cheaper than the expensive imports from Vietnam.
For povidone-iodine, buy Betadine from Ucare and dilute it down to 1% (it's already diluted down to 10% so mix it with ten parts water). Buy a small spray bottle from Kandal market for 2000 riel.
Vitamin C is produced in Cambodia and easy and cheap to buy.
Vitamin D, Melatonin, aspirin and zinc can be bought from U-Care or Guardian etc. Quercetin is harder to find but possible, eg the big pharmacies on Sihanouk near Olympic. They will also have the pulse oximeter ($30).
Turmeric and black cumin seeds from Indian Spices.
If you don't get better, the drugs listed under Second Line Agents are all available in pharmacies here.

[ADMIN EDIT: THIS IS JUST A DISCUSSION AMONGST EXPATS ON WHAT THEY WOULD DO, AND NONE IS THIS IS MEDICAL ADVICE, THEREFORE IT SHOULDN'T BE TAKEN AS MEDICAL ADVICE, AND YOU SHOULD ALWAYS TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT MEDICAL STUFF.]
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Re: What will you do if you get Covid?

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Option 5: hot toddy, ganja, chicken soup and flat 7up.at home ofc
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Well, given how much internet real estate OP has used for option 4 vis-a vie the other 3 options, it's clear where his MO is for this topic..

Just sayin'.. and I'd advise members to beware and do their own proper research..
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

Option 1, with some additional monitoring and supplements. Definitely no Ivermectin quackery or any such nonsense. If and when that should fail, it's private hospital time (covered by insurance anyway).
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:48 pm Well, given how much internet real estate OP has used for option 4 vis-a vie the other 3 options, it's clear where his MO is for this topic..

Just sayin'.. and I'd advise members to beware and do their own proper research..
You obviously didn't read my warning that preceded option 4!
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:01 pm
clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:48 pm Well, given how much internet real estate OP has used for option 4 vis-a vie the other 3 options, it's clear where his MO is for this topic..

My point remains...I don't think you seriously came on here to canvass options as per the title of the topic..rather, you principally came to promote your Ivermectin et al solution. Your caveat warning doesn't hide what your intent is. I ask you to be straight with members.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:14 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:01 pm

My point remains...I don't think you seriously came on here to canvass options as per the title of the topic..rather, you principally came to promote your Ivermectin et al solution. Your caveat warning doesn't hide what your intent is. I ask you to be straight with members.
I would choose option 4. But those are still the options are they not? Or have I missed some? And I seriously made the post because I want people to know how to action the FLCCC protocol in Cambodia if they wish to do so.
The length of the text on option 4 is down to info on where to buy the stuff, not a lecture on how great the option is. True, na?
I'd say I have provided valuable info for members of the forum, if they wish to use it. I am not saying they should. There are other options.
BTW, one of the very few things we really know for sure about Covid treatment is that Ivermection is a safe drug, so there is no downside to using it. We cannot say that about the various new drugs or any of the vaccines - not that I am anti-vaccine (got to say that or set a lot of people off again!).
Clutch Cargo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Clutch Cargo »

Whether you want to believe in big Pharma or gov't conspiracy theories or not, the fact remains that Ivermectin has not been approved for covid treatment (AFAIK re US and AUS health authorities). So that is a major caution to start with.

The associated vitamin treatment I suspect can boost one's immune system (subject to being taken in appropriate doses) however, I suspect this is more a preventative course of action and once you've got covid as per the topic title it may well be too late for effectiveness.

Anyway, I want to put all this into context coz I think it's very, very dangerous to suggest or even promote 'home made remedies' as you've done yet it is not recognised by the authorities.. Members need to know that and I would think it's unconscionable if a member adopted the option 4 course of action in an uninformed way and subsequently died of covid.

Hence why I'm raising this issue with caution in mind. If members do their own research and pursue this action as an informed choice then so be it. But I believe the key word is to be 'informed' and not adopt something uninformed.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Option 1 - Stay home, take paracetamol and hope for the best.

Yes and No.......
Stay home = YES
Paracetamo = No, to me it's a big no UNLESS excessive temp. Mild temp is OK in my book (your body is NOT stupid, it usually runs temp for a reason) I've felt this way since LONG before Covid. I'm in the states and one thing I HATE about how people take anything and everything to treat symptoms without thinking "Why is my body doing this?" Runny nose? Take something to stop it... why is it running? Maybe to get Shit out of your body and have the mucus fight the infection? Yes, your body does screw up..... but for the most part it's doing things for a good reason.

Option 4 -
Yes, for the most part. MANY people are talking about Ivermectin as if its the worse thing since Hitler. Here's one for you folks....look up the side effects from it and compare to the side effects from other drugs people are taking. Also, check out Vitamin K2 if taking Vitamin D (do your research on this). I was only taking Vit-D until I came to understanding that Vit-K2 is also needed for proper absorbsion of the Vit-D.

:evil: Flame on, come at me..... I'll take off my tinfoil hat to make it easy for you.

:)
What, Me worry?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Head to the hills, or at least to a hut in krakor. It’s a recyclable hut. If I don’t come out within two weeks, buy extra charcoal and recycle the whole thing.
Leave me a few cases of asahi or a couple of bottles of vodka, and my Netflix access to occupy the time…
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic