What will you do if you get Covid?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Re: What will you do if you get Covid?

Post by rozzieoz »

AndyKK wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:55 pm
Did you do your singing performance with a mask on? Hope you recover quickly.
[/quote]

I didn't wear a mask while performing but had my own mic.
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

I had Covid and self isolated/healed at home.

The first day was the worse, and I felt better each day after. By the 4th day, I was fine. The worst part for me was losing my sense of smell and taste for 2 weeks after.

I know that it seems to affect everyone differently, but for me it was very mild.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Somewhere I read that a major risk factor is respiratory difficulties. A respiratory rate higher than 20 means you are likely to have a hard time from Covid.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

armchairlawyer wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:21 am Somewhere I read that a major risk factor is respiratory difficulties. A respiratory rate higher than 20 means you are likely to have a hard time from Covid.
Yep, it seems like it is the most reliable indicator of mortality.
So it may be a useful guide when deciding whether you want to risk sitting it out at home - or the different risk heading off to hospital if it is not really necessary.

(readings upon admission to hospital)
Compared to patients with normal respiratory rate (≤20 beats per minute), those with respiratory rates >22 breaths per minute were at 1.9- to 3.2-fold elevated mortality risk.

By contrast, other clinical signs at presentation, including temperature, heart rate, and blood pressure, were not associated with mortality.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... /irv.12869
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic