What will you do if you get Covid?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What will you do if you get Covid?

Post by armchairlawyer »

Doc67 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:51 am
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:22 pm
Alex wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:11 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 pm BTW, one of the very few things we really know for sure about Covid treatment is that Ivermection is a safe drug, so there is no downside to using it.
Well, a downside is that it's been proven to be just as useless as it is safe.

The danger therein is that believers who happen to have a serious case of Covid might fool themselves into thinking it's working when it isn't, wasting valuable time before seeking professional help. From that point of view, your safe drug can be outright lethal.
If you believe all that, don't use it then.
Nothing has been proven with Covid.
If you got a bit sick with Covid you might not want to do the rounds corralling this box of tricks, assuming you were irresponsible enough to go out knowingly sick.

May I ask, do you have all these items in stock at home, in readiness?
If you have the list, you can either buy it all in in readiness or send someone out if the need arises.
It would be very interesting to know what the hospitals and clinics prescribe here for early treatment. I read somewhere that they just hand over the pills and decline to say what they are. Many of the pharmacies recommend Bromhexil.
BTW, the one item on the list that all medics would support is the pulse oximeter. Happy hypoxia is a serious risk and that little machine monitors your oxygen as well as any hospital could. It was used (along with Ivermectin) in the mass treatment programme in Uttar Pradesh (population 200 million mostly unvaccinated because no vaccines available) that the WHO praised for being so successful.
https://www.who.int/india/news/feature- ... p-covid-19

The fact that the WHO would only say that "medical kits" had been handed out, not specifying that they included Ivermectin, must tell us something about the distillation of information on the treatment of Covid.
one_dolla
Expatriate

Post by one_dolla »

Paracetamol DO NOT TAKE IT ......its antipyretic ...which means it reduces fever..... fever is your fecking immune system fighting off the infection.

FLUVOXAMINE 10 days 50mg a day... recent "Together" study reported on by Dr John Campbell on his you tube channel...showed very good results which I can not remember now but I made a note of the name and dose........but since most of use here have now had 2 jabs hopefully any infection should be mild unless you have underlying health issues etc...
techietraveller84
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by techietraveller84 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm Option 5: hot toddy, ganja, chicken soup and flat 7up.at home ofc
That's my pick!
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Start making my peace with God?
and the world
and everyone in it?

Nuh..No need to panic, i think i'll wait 'til something more serious comes along
Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Spigzy »

5. I wouldn't even reach out for the TTFU pills.
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:42 pm Option 5: hot toddy, ganja, chicken soup and flat 7up.at home ofc
And if that doesn’t work, you could always try Option 6: A key down the back of the neck.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

:la_rose:
Often wondered with friends if we haven't already had Covid (long before the vaccines). Remember that flu thing that you had last year when there was officially no Covid community cases ? Nobody was testing, so who knows. I think I had dengue but never went to a doctor.

That said, I'm vaccinated now.
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

one_dolla wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:12 am Paracetamol DO NOT TAKE IT ......its antipyretic ...which means it reduces fever..... fever is your fecking immune system fighting off the infection.

FLUVOXAMINE 10 days 50mg a day... recent "Together" study reported on by Dr John Campbell on his you tube channel...showed very good results which I can not remember now but I made a note of the name and dose........but since most of use here have now had 2 jabs hopefully any infection should be mild unless you have underlying health issues etc...
Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. Many people don't know this about Paracentamol (acetaminophen/Tylenol) and the fever reduction. I am glad you mentioned it (see my previous post on this thread).

I also highly thumbs up Dr. John Campbell's youtube channel. I find his videos (almost every day a new one) to be very educational and well centered (not choosing one side or the other, only pointing out latest news and statistics).

Looking forward to the NovaVax being approved. From what I see this is a more traditional type of Vaccine. Is it available there in the KOW? I read it's been approved and used in the Philippines.
What, Me worry?
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

From the UK National Health Service:
How to look after yourself at home if you have coronavirus (COVID-19)

Most people with coronavirus (COVID-19) feel better within a few weeks. You may be able to look after yourself at home while you recover.
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavir ... s-at-home/
Page last reviewed: 11 November 2021
Next review due: 25 November 2021
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

For information: Dr John Campbell is not a medical doctor; he is a lecturer with a PhD who teaches nursing studies online.
He says:
"Hello Everyone, My name is John Campbell and I am a retired Nurse Teacher and A and E nurse based in England. I also do some teaching in Asia and Africa when time permits. These videos are to help students to learn the background to all forms of health care. My PhD focured on the development of open learning resources for nurses nationally and internationally. "

Disclaimer; These media including videos, book, e book, articles, podcasts are not peer-reviewed. They should never replace individual clinical judgement from your own health care provider. No media-based material on this channel is suitable for using as professional medical advice. All comments are also for educational purposed only and must never replace advice from your own health care provider.
https://www.youtube.com/c/Campbellteaching/about
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic