What will you do if you get Covid?

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: What will you do if you get Covid?

Post by armchairlawyer »

clutchcargo wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:52 pm Whether you want to believe in big Pharma or gov't conspiracy theories or not, the fact remains that Ivermectin has not been approved for covid treatment (AFAIK re US and AUS health authorities). So that is a major caution to start with.

The associated vitamin treatment I suspect can boost one's immune system (subject to being taken in appropriate doses) however, I suspect this is more a preventative course of action and once you've got covid as per the topic title it may well be too late for effectiveness.

Anyway, I want to put all this into context coz I think it's very, very dangerous to suggest or even promote 'home made remedies' as you've done yet it is not recognised by the authorities.. Members need to know that and I would think it's unconscionable if a member adopted the option 4 course of action in an uninformed way and subsequently died of covid.

Hence why I'm raising this issue with caution in mind. If members do their own research and pursue this action as an informed choice then so be it. But I believe the key word is to be 'informed' and not adopt something uninformed.
Thank you for not disputing the points I made in my last post.
And thank you for being open-minded enough not to censor the entire thread, even though you may disapprove of it personally.
Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

I know multiple people who got it and they just rested at home...
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 pm BTW, one of the very few things we really know for sure about Covid treatment is that Ivermection is a safe drug, so there is no downside to using it.
Well, a downside is that it's been proven to be just as useless as it is safe.

The danger therein is that believers who happen to have a serious case of Covid might fool themselves into thinking it's working when it isn't, wasting valuable time before seeking professional help. From that point of view, your safe drug can be outright lethal.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

People who are fully vaccinated are unlikely to develop serious symptoms.
Albuterol or Budenoside inhalers, dexamethasone and antibiotics are routinely used where pneumonia ensues as standard treatment worldwide.
If those don't help you are probably going to hospital.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Alex wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:11 pm
armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:26 pm BTW, one of the very few things we really know for sure about Covid treatment is that Ivermection is a safe drug, so there is no downside to using it.

The danger therein is that believers who happen to have a serious case of Covid might fool themselves into thinking it's working when it isn't, wasting valuable time before seeking professional help. From that point of view, your safe drug can be outright lethal.
If you believe all that, don't use it then.
Nothing has been proven with Covid.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Option #5, plus extremely spicy and peppery vegetarian food. Pretty much what I did.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

FLCCC
> Dr Pierre Cory
> "It is increasingly difficult to share insights and discuss medicine with anyone who has not read this book yet."
> So buy the book (by JFK) you Idiots, and
> Donate Here
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:22 pm
Alex wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:11 pm

If you believe all that, don't use it then.
Nothing has been proven with Covid.
If you got a bit sick with Covid you might not want to do the rounds corralling this box of tricks, assuming you were irresponsible enough to go out knowingly sick.

May I ask, do you have all these items in stock at home, in readiness?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

My attitude seems to have gone from 'I'm definitely going to get Covid and will probably die from it' a couple of years ago to not really giving it much thought any more these days.

Of course I still use the usual basic hygiene tactics - alcohol spray, wearing a mask, trying not to walk up to random strangers and cough in their faces, (joking) but it's not something I give a lot of thought to anymore, not compared to when it first started. I've never even had a single covid test for example. My partner has them regularly so I assume that if he has it, I will have it too.

My plan, if I were to become infected, is to just stay at home and hope that the vaccines do what I've been promised they'll do. Other than that, it's off the hospital I guess. And failing that, the morgue.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
hdgh29
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by hdgh29 »

xandreu wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:55 am My attitude seems to have gone from 'I'm definitely going to get Covid and will probably die from it' a couple of years ago to not really giving it much thought any more these days.

Of course I still use the usual basic hygiene tactics - alcohol spray, wearing a mask, trying not to walk up to random strangers and cough in their faces, (joking) but it's not something I give a lot of thought to anymore, not compared to when it first started. I've never even had a single covid test for example. My partner has them regularly so I assume that if he has it, I will have it too.

My plan, if I were to become infected, is to just stay at home and hope that the vaccines do what I've been promised they'll do. Other than that, it's off the hospital I guess. And failing that, the morgue.
The vaccines seem to work. My gf went to a clinic feeling a bit poorly (since I pay, she goes at the drop of a hat) and tested positive. Since we had been physically close, I also tested positive. Both fully vaccinated, mild symptoms - bit of a cough, headache - we stayed home for 2 weeks, got a mate to bring groceries. Its strange losing sense of smell and taste, we were both experimenting with the hottest chillies and anything that had a strong smell like prahoc and fish sauce, but we got nothing. That lasted about a week. The toughest part was being locked up with gf the whole time, lovely lady but nearly drove me crazy.
I am 68, a little overweight, previously health issues, high blood pressure. I am sure the vaccine saved me from a hospital stay or worse, so when I hear about anti-vax protests I just think 'wait till you get it, you may change your mind'.
"I tried being reasonable. Didn't like it" (Clint Eastwood)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic