Kyle Rittenhouse Acquitted of All Charges

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Kyle Rittenhouse Acquitted of All Charges

Post by Big Daikon »

Great news to wake up to!

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/19/10572888 ... es-verdict
Kyle Rittenhouse, the 18-year-old who fatally shot two people during the unrest last year in Kenosha, Wis., has been acquitted of all charges in a criminal trial that divided the nation over questions about gun rights, violence at racial justice protests and vigilantism.

The verdict, delivered Friday, follows a highly watched trial in which prosecutors struggled to overcome Rittenhouse's claim that he acted in self-defense on the night of the shootings.

"He has a huge sense of relief for what the jury did to him today. He wishes none of this would have ever happened, but as he said when he testified, he did not start this," said Rittenhouse's defense attorney Mark Richards, speaking to reporters outside the courthouse. "To say that we're relieved would be a gross misunderstatement."
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse Acquitted of All Charges

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

This is good news. Never should have been charged in the first place.

Good thing it's cold there, mutes the mostly peaceful protests.

Let the salt flow. Build Back Butthurt.

:stir:
What, Me worry?
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

sorry; i disagree;
now if anyone shoots someone, in the front of their body and that person is also armed, all they have to say is they feared for their lives>

ONLY police should be able to hold that power.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:16 am sorry; i disagree;
now if anyone shoots someone, in the front of their body and that person is also armed, all they have to say is they feared for their lives>

ONLY police should be able to hold that power.
The defence of self-defence has been around for a few hundred years Richard. Are you proposing that it be abolished? If not, it is the job of the jury to decide if the defence was validly raised in a given case. They hear all the evidence and see all the witnesses. We don't.
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:16 am ONLY police should be able to hold that power.
One of the most shocking things about the Mostly Peaceful Protests was the lack of police engagement. Rioters were allowed to loot, burn and kill with impunity.

In that vacuum, some private citizens will step in.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

Nope, i have lots of questions on rights to protect oneself.

self defense
Can i protect my property from an armed invader.. dam right
Can i protect myself and family from an armed person... dam right
can i go somewhere, where i feel i need a gun to ( do what? ) and kill someone? NO
if i was in fear of my life, ( he says he went to protect property, thats the police job) i for sure would not be heading to somewhere where my life would be put in danger and carry a rifle with me.
One problem i have with america and right to bear arms, is anyone of age can buy a gun and in certain states can carry said guin with ZERO training and ZERO experience of using said gun.

have you ever noticed no black person would get away with this?
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hanno
Expatriate
Germany

Post by hanno »

Most civilized countries define self-defence differently, i.e. you cannot shoot an unarmed person. But in the USA, you can shoot a kid coming around on Halloween trick-or-treating.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

I wonder when the “peaceful protests” over the acquittal will begin?
In the meantime, the media and left wingers (Joe Biden included) who jeopardized Rittenhouse’s chances of a fair trial by labeling him a white supremacist and domestic terrorist, will be shitting themselves. His legal team must surely be preparing to sue them all for compensation, hopefully CNN get sued into oblivion🤞🏻
Big Daikon
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Big Daikon »

phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:43 am Nope, i have lots of questions on rights to protect oneself.

self defense
Can i protect my property from an armed invader.. dam right
Can i protect myself and family from an armed person... dam right
can i go somewhere, where i feel i need a gun to ( do what? ) and kill someone? NO
if i was in fear of my life, ( he says he went to protect property, thats the police job) i for sure would not be heading to somewhere where my life would be put in danger and carry a rifle with me.
He and others went to protect the community. He only shot after he was attacked by the mob.
phuketrichard wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:43 am have you ever noticed no black person would get away with this?
Nonsense. Blacks often literally get away with murder/attempted murder.
https://torontosun.com/news/world/no-ch ... ual-combat
https://www.wxyz.com/news/region/macomb ... speaks-out

You bring up a good point, however. The anti-white animus was quite explicit in the Rittenhouse case.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic