What does my dream mean?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

What does my dream mean?

Post by Anchor Moy »

Ok, last night I dreamt that my teeth were falling out. I hardly ever remember my dreams, but this was so real that I checked that my teeth were still there when I woke up. Scary. :evil:
So what could it mean ?
That I need to clean my teeth more often ? See a dentist? That my subconscious mind is actually being directed by a microchip installed the last time I went to a dentist and my dreams have been taken over by Colgate & Co ?
Thank you for your interpretations, since I don't have a shrink.

And LOL, last post I wrote was about the Cambodians' need for better mental health care.
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Re: What does my dream mean?

Post by Samouth »

It means don't drink tooooo much anchor as it can cause teeth cavity. :lol:
បើសិនធ្វើចេះ ចេះឲ្យគេកោត បើសិនធ្វើឆោត ឆោតឲ្យគេអាណិត។

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Anchor Moy wrote:Ok, last night I dreamt that my teeth were falling out. I hardly ever remember my dreams, but this was so real that I checked that my teeth were still there when I woke up. Scary. :evil:
So what could it mean ?
It's got nothing to do with teeth. But it does have something to do with coming out.
It means that someone close to you is pregnant. It could be you, your wife, your mistress, or someone else that's close.

You might want to check that your passport is good to go.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

Confused or intrigued by your dream featuring your teeth falling out? Be reassured, you’re not the only one. Contemporary studies confirm what Freud was already saying in his classic, The Interpretation of Dreams back in 1900. The father of psychoanalysis outlined a series of common dreams, such as flying dreams, dreaming about having an exam, missing a train, falling, death of a person you know, and losing teeth.

Conclusion, dreams of teeth falling out and losing teeth are universal as they are common across cultures. They also tend to be recurrent within one’s lifetime.

This type of dream scenario is among the top 3 most common recurring dreams. In Barrett’s article, “Trauma and dreams” (Harvard University Press), teeth falling out are the third most common recurring dream theme after dreaming of being chased or pursued, having problems with house maintenance.

Through the eyes of scientists
Similarities between dreams about falling out and certain types of seizures
A study about the case report from Koutroumadinis and al. reporting tooth-brushing seizures makes correlations between the imagery of losing teeth and teeth falling out in dreams and during this specific type of seizures.

The seizures studied in that case relate a woman’s seizure convulsions experienced during vigorous tooth-brushing with the imagery and sensations “as if my teeth were falling down into the sink one after the other.”

The images of losing teeth reported during this type of seizure is very similar to the typical dream imagery featured in dreams about teeth falling out. (Koutroumadinis M. et al., Tooth-brushing induced seizures: a case report. Epilepsia, 2001)

Do dreams of teeth falling out result from dental excitation?
Dreams about having your teeth fall out would be associated with neuronal stimulation focused on the trigeminal nerve and some parts of the brain. This reinforces the hypothesis that some dreams about teeth falling out are somatic in nature; in other words, they are triggered by a physical stimulus related to the mouth.

In addition to being precipitated by a somatic sensation, a dream of teeth falling out or losing teeth is the product of mental and emotional states and associations the dreamer experiences. The research suggests that the neuronal networks that support these states interact with the networks related to the teeth (e.g., the trigeminal zone).

Even if the imagery is similar in dreams and the type of temporal lobe seizures presented above, the neuronal network excited during the dream state appear to have a much lower intensity. As the article concludes, “dreaming itself is a product of focal network hyperexcitabilities appearing below a recognizable seizure threshold.” (Arthur W. Epstein, Department of Psychology and Neurology, New Orleans, Louisiana. Epilepsia, 2002)

http://www.teethfallingoutdream.org/dre ... lling-out/
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

Anchor Moy wrote:Ok, last night I dreamt that my teeth were falling out. I hardly ever remember my dreams, but this was so real that I checked that my teeth were still there when I woke up. Scary. :evil:
So what could it mean ?
That I need to clean my teeth more often ? See a dentist? That my subconscious mind is actually being directed by a microchip installed the last time I went to a dentist and my dreams have been taken over by Colgate & Co ?

And LOL, last post I wrote was about the Cambodians' need for better mental health care.
It means you shouldn't eat too much sweets! :p
Btw dream about losing teeth is not a good dream. The meaning is losing someone. If you see the blood, it means your relative. If not bleed mean not your relative. But you are barang then the dream will not become true.
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
MekongMouse
Expatriate

Post by MekongMouse »

Barang dreams don't come true?? :'(
prahkeitouj
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by prahkeitouj »

MekongMouse wrote:Barang dreams don't come true?? :'(
I mean it is Khmer belief so won't be true for barang.

Khmer people believe their dreams. Some people use their dreams to play lottery. I think Anchor Moy should tell his dream to anyone who play lottery then they will give you the number of lottery :p
កុំស្លាប់ដូចពស់ កុំរស់ដូចកង្កែប
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

prahkeitouj wrote:
So what could it mean ?

It means you shouldn't eat too much sweets! :p
Btw dream about losing teeth is not a good dream. The meaning is losing someone. If you see the blood, it means your relative. If not bleed mean not your relative. But you are barang then the dream will not become true.
That is khmer's belief. We believe toooooooo much in superstition. :facepalm:

If you know a lot, know enough to make them respect you, if you are stupid, be stupid enough so they can pity you.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Post by General Mackevili »

prahkeitouj wrote: But you are barang then the dream will not become true.
This is that saddest thing I've ever heard, LoL. Image

I remember from my college days (maybe from psych class?) about this being one of the classic dream interpretation stories.

I can remember having dreams where my teeth were so lose that I was afraid they'd fall out, but can't remember them actually falling out. Scary stuff.
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Samouth
Expatriate
Burundi

Post by Samouth »

General Mackevili wrote:
prahkeitouj wrote: But you are barang then the dream will not become true.
This is that saddest thing I've ever heard, LoL. Image

I remember from my college days (maybe from psych class?) about this being one of the classic dream interpretation stories.

I can remember having dreams where my teeth were so lose that I was afraid they'd fall out, but can't remember them actually falling out. Scary stuff.
Tell us then. what do barang think about dream?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic