Where to buy a chromebook or tablet with keyboard?

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
guybrush
Tourist

Where to buy a chromebook or tablet with keyboard?

Post by guybrush »

Hey, does anybody know anywhere you can buy new chromebooks or 2in1 laptop/tablets? I couldn't find much in Kampot except for some Samsung tablets and a Huawei tablet with a keyboard which didn't interest me. I don't mind making a trip to PP if they have more stuff. ubuy.com.kh have a big range, but the shipping and customs costs are a bit mad. I'm looking for something like the Lenovo Duet with a removable keyboard for reading, writing and traveling.

Cheers :beer3:
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Where to buy a chromebook or tablet with keyboard?

Post by nemo »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/233429028031861/
Ask here.
Lots of stuff 2nd hand in PP
Element6
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Element6 »

I use Microsoft surface pro. Readily available in Phnom Penh if you search online
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

These tend to have one of the biggest ranges of computing devices in Phnom Penh. Used to be called Chantra computers but recently changed to CC Computers. I'be bought several things from them. Never had an issue. Reasonable prices too (for Cambodia, not when comparing to international prices, but no-where is)

http://cccomputerkh.com/

There's also BeckieDeal which are pretty reputable but can be a little pricier than the former sometimes.

https://www.beckie-khmer.com/

None of the websites have a particularly good 'search' function. Just wait for the page to load fully and do a 'search within page' search (ctrl / cmd + f ) if on a windows or mac.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

xandreu wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:15 pm These tend to have one of the biggest ranges of computing devices in Phnom Penh. Used to be called Chantra computers but recently changed to CC Computers. I'be bought several things from them. Never had an issue. Reasonable prices too (for Cambodia, not when comparing to international prices, but no-where is)

That stock list is suspiciously big. Even my local PC World warehouse in England only carries a fraction of the lineup on that site. Do they really have all that in stock?
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:07 am
xandreu wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:15 pm These tend to have one of the biggest ranges of computing devices in Phnom Penh. Used to be called Chantra computers but recently changed to CC Computers. I'be bought several things from them. Never had an issue. Reasonable prices too (for Cambodia, not when comparing to international prices, but no-where is)

That stock list is suspiciously big. Even my local PC World warehouse in England only carries a fraction of the lineup on that site. Do they really have all that in stock?
Yes but they keep most of it in a big warehouse. If you want something you should let them know an hour or two ahead of time as it needs to be taken from the warehouse to the store. They may even ask for a small deposit just so they know you're not wasting their time. I once ordered a replacement charger for a laptop but despite them assuring me it was a genuine charger and not a copy, when it came I could see it was a copy so they gave me my deposit back no hassles. I don't think they were deliberately trying to rip me off. I think the sales guy genuinely didn't know - the price was low enough to have raised suspicions which was why I asked in the first place.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
guybrush
Tourist

Post by guybrush »

Thanks for the links. I got the Lenovo idea from the CC Computer website but wasn't sure if it was legit or not. All their stuff is new, right? BeckieDeal's website is close to unusable in my browser, which is pretty annoying.

There's also BeckieDeal which are pretty reputable but can be a little pricier than the former sometimes.

https://www.beckie-khmer.com/

None of the websites have a particularly good 'search' function. Just wait for the page to load fully and do a 'search within page' search (ctrl / cmd + f ) if on a windows or mac.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

PTC Computer,Building #66, Street 63 Corner St 154, Sangkat Phsar Thmei I, Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

BIGGER than all them shops and right on the corner of St. 63 and St. 154, pretty f'n central and pretty f'n big as in 6 floors of geek merchandise with hot K girls in stewardess outfits ready to not answer direct questions cuzza cultural differences but they got the merch and they knowz it- they deliver and take cc's as payment too

Don't let rich locals pay less when you can too! :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1:
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

bossho wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:47 pm PTC Computer,Building #66, Street 63 Corner St 154, Sangkat Phsar Thmei I, Khan Doun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia

BIGGER than all them shops and right on the corner of St. 63 and St. 154, pretty f'n central and pretty f'n big as in 6 floors of geek merchandise with hot K girls in stewardess outfits ready to not answer direct questions cuzza cultural differences but they got the merch and they knowz it- they deliver and take cc's as payment too

Don't let rich locals pay less when you can too! :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :hattip: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1: :plus1:
You're joking right?
Most of the floors are only filled for 50-60%, the staff have no clue and none of the models on display are plugged in.
Last time I bought a machine there must have been eight years ago and CC payment didn't work at the time. Had to go to Canadia bank around the corner.
Only go there if you know exactly what you want based on your own research and they have a (rare) model you love / need or they have a special promotion (which is very rare IMHO)
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

dude, a lot of things change in 8 years, staff was already noted to only look good but the merc. is there at fair prices, the place is like this town's version of the Wan Chai Computer Centre in HK without the crowds and dirt in present days...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic