Western OAP Scammers on the run!

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Western OAP Scammers on the run!

Post by jjy »

American William Wendell and Fat Scottish man Alastair Campbell are on the run having scammed thousands from bars, hotels, people. Just been kicked out of Seasons Residence they are probably looking for other victims. Beware
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Western OAP Scammers on the run!

Post by Doc67 »

Any more details? Pictures, stories, corroboration etc.

If you are going to anonymously defame people, at least make it interesting for the reader.
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

Coming!
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

Coming! Re: Western OAP Scammers on the run!
Unread post by Doc67 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:27 pm

A
Last edited by jjy on Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

What's Graham Challoner got to do with this?
Grand Barong
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Grand Barong »

jjy wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:41 pmComing!
How has this post not been deleted yet? zero info or facts presented... Get your shit together mate :please:
jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

Nothing to do with Graham as he is a victim just like me and many others
theKid
Expatriate
Macau

Post by theKid »

Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

jjy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by jjy »

It's time to finally break this silence. I'm posting in regards to two black-hearted scamming low lives. Mr. William Dean Wendel and his accomplice Alistair Campbell, a UK national.
Over half a year ago, I stumbled into Mr. William Dean Wendel in Phnom Penh 172 Street and had a casual chat. Long story short, we spoke about trading and stocks which I am doing pretty well in. He spoke about a million-dollar deal coming in and would consider giving me 10,000$ to trade with. All and behold, 2 weeks later his deal didn't go through and was delayed, asked me if I could help him out with 600$ to get by. Me being as naive as I am, seeing only dollar signs, I stupidly went ahead with it. Now over half a year later, the same story persists and nothing has been returned.
As time progressed, I kept meeting other victims of these two individuals. My 600$, 15,000$ to an English OAP, 2.000$ to Silver Mounts Hotel, 100$'s of dollars to travel agency for passport and god knows how many 100$'s or 1000$'s to multiple bars around the city. Their luggage is being held by multiple hotels until bills are paid in full, and the travel agency won't release passports until hotels are paid in full.
These two individuals are scammers to the highest degree and must be stopped before more lives are ruined, as many already have been. Please beware, any questions kindly message me or if you have a victim yourself please raise your voice.
Here are some more sources I've found about them;
[broken links removed]
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic