wow>> Myanmar to reopen land borders with Thailand, China next month

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

wow>> Myanmar to reopen land borders with Thailand, China next month

Post by phuketrichard »

didn't know they were issuing visas and not sure many want go to a country that is oppressing its citizen's and daily kidnappings, murders, and village's being burned
Myanmar will reopen its land borders with China and Thailand from next month due to improvements in its Covid-19 vaccination rate, its information ministry said on Tuesday.

The reopening, for which no specific date was set, would be followed by resumption of air travel in the first quarter of next year, the ministry said in a statement.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2216471

Must be a 1st to open land borders before air travel
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
hburns
Expatriate
Togo

Re: wow>> Myanmar to reopen land borders with Thailand, China next month

Post by hburns »

Not sure if any country will be getting mass tourism from China any time soon. This was from an article I read yesterday about China's zero covid strategy.

"As a result, borders elsewhere are opening to international travel. In China however, visas for foreigners remain hard to come by and Chinese people are still not having their passports renewed after they expire."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-59257496
siliconlife
Expatriate
Palau Island

Re: wow>> Myanmar to reopen land borders with Thailand, China next month

Post by siliconlife »

hburns wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 8:55 pm Not sure if any country will be getting mass tourism from China any time soon. This was from an article I read yesterday about China's zero covid strategy.

"As a result, borders elsewhere are opening to international travel. In China however, visas for foreigners remain hard to come by and Chinese people are still not having their passports renewed after they expire."
Believe the Chinese data! That's why they're taking over the world, their transparency and actionable science. That said this "zero-covid strategy" (I call it the "buy me more totalitarian time strategy") is sure to make a lasting impact on China's economy, public image (Mr. Xi has been too preoccupied to leave the country in nearly 2 years), and foreign policy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic