No Quarantine on Arrival for fully vaccinated -- Nov15

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Trvlr55
Tourist
United States of America

No Quarantine on Arrival for fully vaccinated -- Nov15

Post by Trvlr55 »

I originally saw a post online somewhere regarding this, but so far not able to find anything here.

Was able to find the official announcement: https://www.mfaic.gov.kh/covid-19

Does anyone know if the insurance is still required for fully vaccinated?
I had looked earlier on the 15 on the official government website, and this new policy had not been updated... assuming this would be done soon'ish??
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: No Quarantine on Arrival for fully vaccinated -- Nov15

Post by canucklhead »

PSD?
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

No insurance required. But as noted in another thread, don't rush your trip until airport authorities get their act together.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50971828/c ... o-cambodia
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

The insurance requirement requires further official clarification, it was mandated by the MoH, but now the MoT are saying it's not required, and people are reporting that it was still being demanded by airlines and officials on arrival yesterday.

Also, the MoH announcement states that pre-flight PCR test must be conducted no more than 72 hours prior to arrival, however the MoT's English version states no more than 72 hrs prior to departure...too many people with different interpretations involved. The Government needs to issue one clear & concise directive...how fookin hard is that?
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:52 pm The insurance requirement requires further official clarification, it was mandated by the MoH, but now the MoT are saying it's not required, and people are reporting that it was still being demanded by airlines and officials on arrival yesterday.

Also, the MoH announcement states that pre-flight PCR test must be conducted no more than 72 hours prior to arrival, however the MoT's English version states no more than 72 hrs prior to departure...too many people with different interpretations involved. The Government needs to issue one clear & concise directive...how fookin hard is that?
You da Man!
:thumb:
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

A principal that often gets applied is-

“Equally or more restrictive than…”

Paraphrased a bit, I’m afraid.

In the absence of clear policy, the airline might very easily simply apply procedures and requirements that are at least equally as restrictive as those demanded by your destination, if not more so. Their fallback being that you should check the travel requirements before travel/booking, etc.
It’s a shitty game of cover thine arse, at times. It usually ends up in a huge amount of wasted effort and money. Often ours, not theirs. The more progressive outfits will have intelligent folk whose job it is to ensure continuing compliance, while updating and promulgating the information to the customer.
(The less in tune will simply keep doing whatever is the least work option until such time as it starts to affect their sales.)
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

The Forte insurance was overpriced at the best of times, but now for those who are fully vaccinated and thus at much lower risk of serious Covid, it's an outright outrageous premium. The sooner they clarify that, the better.

I wouldn't mind if they still require travel insurance that includes Covid coverage even for the vaccinated, but it would make sense to accept overseas policies, as other countries do. If I could just use the insurance I already have and that covers me both in Cambodia and for Covid, I'd be happy.
Trvlr55
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Trvlr55 »

ExPenhMan wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:47 pm No insurance required. But as noted in another thread, don't rush your trip until airport authorities get their act together.

https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50971828/c ... o-cambodia
Thanks for the info!! :) :) :)

Hoping that MoH makes the updates/clarifications soon, as I'm wanting to make my travel arrangements in the next few days.

I read on US embassy site that Cambodia suspended the no Visa policy during Covid. Not sure if this is accurate for US citizens and now requires a real Visa now.

Had written off Cambodia for this winter before I saw this recent update, and had planned for Thailand instead;
but they still have some rather odd policies still. PCR test on arrival even for fully vaccinated, overnight stay at ASQ hotel waiting for results...
and the worst part is if anyone tests positive, everyone on plane 2 rows on either side gets quarantined.
Zero science behind that idea.

They're mulling over the idea of rapid test on arrival, and then 2 seats either side of passengers vs. 2 rows.
For me is still a bit sketchy to get quarantined because of someone else testing positive.
bars are still closed there "officially" until Jan15 but many just open anyhow, but any tourists "randomly" caught in a bar drinking faces fines/deportations.

of course insurance doesn't cover this, or even for asymptomatic quarantine, so is all on the passenger, and quite expensive.
rightly so, insurance is only for those that are really sick.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@Trvlr55

Was clarified last night, Foreigners are "encouraged" to purchase the Forte COVID-19 insurance policy, not mandatory. The issue will be with airlines and how long this info takes to filter down to them, and what their interpretation of the directive actually is.

Visas have been available throughout the pandemic, with the exception of Tourist Visas, e-Visas, Visa exempt entry & all Visas on arrival.

Tourist Visas are now available from Cambodian Embassies/Consulates or from evisa.gov.kh

Still no Visas on Arrival.

If fully vaccinated:
- Pre-flight PCR test no more than 72hrs prior to arrival
- Vaccination Card/Certificate
- Rapid antigen test on arrival, wait for results, free to go if negative
- No deposit, no quarantine

If unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, then you are still required to quarantine for 14 days, you need either an ASQ Hotel booking, or pay $2k deposit on arrival and ride the mystery bus

Full details page 11
topic46941-100.html
Trvlr55
Tourist
United States of America

Post by Trvlr55 »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:41 pm @Trvlr55

Was clarified last night, Foreigners are "encouraged" to purchase the Forte COVID-19 insurance policy, not mandatory. The issue will be with airlines and how long this info takes to filter down to them, and what their interpretation of the directive actually is.

Visas have been available throughout the pandemic, with the exception of Tourist Visas, e-Visas, Visa exempt entry & all Visas on arrival.

Tourist Visas are now available from Cambodian Embassies/Consulates or from evisa.gov.kh

Still no Visas on Arrival.

If fully vaccinated:
- Pre-flight PCR test no more than 72hrs prior to arrival
- Vaccination Card/Certificate
- Rapid antigen test on arrival, wait for results, free to go if negative
- No deposit, no quarantine

If unvaccinated or not fully vaccinated, then you are still required to quarantine for 14 days, you need either an ASQ Hotel booking, or pay $2k deposit on arrival and ride the mystery bus

Full details page 11
topic46941-100.html
Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, Visa exempt entry, is what I meant to reference.
There was a notice on US embassy site "not sure of date of that post" that stated Visa exempt entry was no longer being accepted for Cambodia. This is latest info on that particular site.

Yes I am fully vaccinated, and the Phisher booster for additional.
If I read your response correctly, I would need to do the tourist visa or evisa. Assuming evisa is faster/easier.

Thanks again!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic