No Quarantine on Arrival for fully vaccinated -- Nov15

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: No Quarantine on Arrival for fully vaccinated -- Nov15

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

Visa exempt entry has been reinstated for those eligible.

If not, and you can't provide the necessary supporting documentation for an E-type (Ordinary/Business) Visa, then your best option is the e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) from evisa.gov.kh

Unfortunately most official Government websites, Embassy websites, Airlines websites, travel advisory websites like IATA, etc. haven't been keeping up to date with the changes to Cambodian entry requirements and restrictions, and often display outdated and incorrect information.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:43 am Visa exempt entry has been reinstated for those eligible.

If not, and you can't provide the necessary supporting documentation for an E-type (Ordinary/Business) Visa, then your best option is the e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) from evisa.gov.kh

Unfortunately most official Government websites, Embassy websites, Airlines websites, travel advisory websites like IATA, etc. haven't been keeping up to date with the changes to Cambodian entry requirements and restrictions, and often display outdated and incorrect information.
I was just talking w/ @PSD-Kiwi about this and I got an email from Singapore Airlines. Singapore Airlines mentions that they are not allowing Tourist VIsa -- Below I copy/pasted the email I got today 11/29/2021.

It's possible that its just the language. I asked about Tourist Visa. Maybe I should of said E-visa?

I am curious if anyone has arrived in Cambodia using Singapore Airlines with an E-visa. If anyone has, can they tell me if had any issues?
It bothers me because as @PSD-Kiwi said -- The airlines are basically the gatekeepers... they control who gets on the flight.
---------------------------------------------------

KF contact <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Mon, Nov 29 at 11:53 AM

Dear Mr. ----,

Thank you for your email.

We note your concern on the travel requirements to enter Cambodia.

Allow us to share that foreign passport holders with other types of valid visa should have a valid visa sticker on your passport and not tourist visa.

For more information about travel regulations and entry restrictions to Cambodia, kindly refer to the link below:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ph/t ... estination

We hope this clarifies your concern. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines.

Yours sincerely,

Jeanette R.

Customer Service Officer

Singapore Airlines Limited
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
johnny lightning
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by johnny lightning »

I believe it just got even more confusing with this omicron variant popping up. Might be worth checking transit regs at the airports you intended to travel through.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

[/quote]

I was just talking w/ @PSD-Kiwi about this and I got an email from Singapore Airlines. Singapore Airlines mentions that they are not allowing Tourist VIsa -- Below I copy/pasted the email I got today 11/29/2021.

It's possible that its just the language. I asked about Tourist Visa. Maybe I should of said E-visa?

I am curious if anyone has arrived in Cambodia using Singapore Airlines with an E-visa. If anyone has, can they tell me if had any issues?
It bothers me because as @PSD-Kiwi said -- The airlines are basically the gatekeepers... they control who gets on the flight.
---------------------------------------------------

KF contact <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Mon, Nov 29 at 11:53 AM

Dear Mr. ----,

Thank you for your email.

We note your concern on the travel requirements to enter Cambodia.

Allow us to share that foreign passport holders with other types of valid visa should have a valid visa sticker on your passport and not tourist visa.

For more information about travel regulations and entry restrictions to Cambodia, kindly refer to the link below:

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ph/t ... estination

We hope this clarifies your concern. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you for choosing Singapore Airlines.

Yours sincerely,

Jeanette R.

Customer Service Officer

Singapore Airlines Limited
[/quote]

Fark me! I just booked a ticket yesterday with Singapore Airlines. I called them before to check if transit was allowed but didn't think to mention the evisa issue. I will try to call them now to check on this.

I have a few weeks before the flight. Hopefully, this is just a snafu and they will update their info.

Will share any info I learn.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

Just a quick note, the travel to Cambodia info on Singapore Airlines' website does mention the evisa.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ru/t ... estination

It would be logical if they would let evisa holders travel.

But it seems that logic went out the window a long time ago.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Uncle-V wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:46 pm Just a quick note, the travel to Cambodia info on Singapore Airlines' website does mention the evisa.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/ru/t ... estination

It would be logical if they would let evisa holders travel.

But it seems that logic went out the window a long time ago.

for some reason when clicking the link, it doesn't work. I will try again later. Thanks for the info
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

I couldn't get the link you posted to work either. I think you have to access it through the country where you are accessing the site from. I was able to find it pretty easily just by navigating through their site.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Now in the last week I have met 4 people who arrived recently without the need for quarantine

They all said nobody knew for sure exactly what or what was not accepted documentation all through the transit process
kampotdjb
Tourist
Great Britain

Post by kampotdjb »

I flew with Singapore Airlines on 27th and arrived in PNH on the morning of the 28th.
I checked in at Istanbul (IST) and flew to SIN and then PNH.
There's no checks at all while transiting through SIN. You arrive in and leave from Terminal 3 and the gates are right near to one another.
There's some medical staff hanging around looking out for sick people, but no formal process at SIN.

As far as checking in was concerned:
They didn't question my eVisa during the check-in process. It wasn't an issue at all.
I didn't have to present any insurance at all and didn't even have valid insurance.
They were most concerned with my PCR and Vaccination certificate (NHS)
They did ask about a hotel, but I just said that I was going home to my family and that was it.

The most annoying part was the scrum at PNH as there were long queues and the entry staff didn't seem to know what they were doing.
They asked me to show my PCR, my vaccination card (not certificate) and then I headed to passport control and they just required the eVisa.
Passport control/immigration processing took about 5 mins.

The antigen testing at PNH arrivals took longer than I expected as, they test your first and then as the results come back in batches they call our individual names and then let you into Cambodia.

TL;DR - I flew with Singapore and the eVisa was accepted on 27th Nov at Instanbul.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

kampotdjb wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:21 pm I flew with Singapore Airlines on 27th and arrived in PNH on the morning of the 28th.
I checked in at Istanbul (IST) and flew to SIN and then PNH.
There's no checks at all while transiting through SIN. You arrive in and leave from Terminal 3 and the gates are right near to one another.
There's some medical staff hanging around looking out for sick people, but no formal process at SIN.

As far as checking in was concerned:
They didn't question my eVisa during the check-in process. It wasn't an issue at all.
I didn't have to present any insurance at all and didn't even have valid insurance.
They were most concerned with my PCR and Vaccination certificate (NHS)
They did ask about a hotel, but I just said that I was going home to my family and that was it.

The most annoying part was the scrum at PNH as there were long queues and the entry staff didn't seem to know what they were doing.
They asked me to show my PCR, my vaccination card (not certificate) and then I headed to passport control and they just required the eVisa.
Passport control/immigration processing took about 5 mins.

The antigen testing at PNH arrivals took longer than I expected as, they test your first and then as the results come back in batches they call our individual names and then let you into Cambodia.

TL;DR - I flew with Singapore and the eVisa was accepted on 27th Nov at Instanbul.
Thanks so much. Puts my mind at ease about the visa issue. I'm not looking forward to that scrum at PNH - especially after a 15 hr flight..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic