Requirements for flying out of Cambodia

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Bong Kri
Expatriate
Cambodia

Requirements for flying out of Cambodia

Post by Bong Kri »

Can anyone be as kind to share the current requirements for flying out of Cambodia? Requirements seem to change fairly often, so I just want to make sure I don’t miss anything before I book a flight.

I remember there being a Covid test you have to do at the Ministry 2 days prior to traveling, is this still the same or is there anything else?

Thanks!
itekamp
Tourist
Cambodia

Re: Requirements for flying out of Cambodia

Post by itekamp »

As far as I know the covid test is not required by Cambodia but eventually by your destination country and maybe also the airline.
Further watch out to book your ticket only directly with an airline and not through a booking site. In case you test positive you will need to change your flight dates and that can be a real problem going through booking sites

Sent from my LM-V510N using Tapatalk

PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

There are no requirements or restrictions on departing Cambodia, apart from a valid passport, Visa/EOS and flight tickets.

You need to meet the requirements of the airlines you are flying with, any transit destinations, and of course your final destination.

There are 3 clinics in PP authorised to conduct PCR testing for the purpose of overseas travel...

OPTION 1: National Institute of Public Health - NIPH
https://maps.app.goo.gl/ZWUDMbtGdiZkRtbv6

- Open 7 days - no appointments, walk-in only
- 0730-1200hrs/1330-1730hrs
- Cost $130 (RT-PCR Test only) or $150 (RT-PCR Test & Serology IgM Antibody Test)
- Take passport & flight itinerary
- Medical Certificate and lab report are issued the following day, at 1000hrs for those who test in the morning, and at 1500hrs for those who test in the afternoon.
- Medical Certificate is dated the day issued, lab report states date/time sample collected
- To save time when you arrive, it is advisable to register beforehand at
https://www.nphl.niph.org.kh/covid19/en

OPTION 2: Institut Pasteur du Cambodge
https://goo.gl/maps/yqS5t9BCyN2xaH216

- Open Mon - Sat only. Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
- Testing times between 0730 - 0900hrs only.
- Cost $80
- Test results available for collection at 0800 hrs the following day.
- You MUST make an appointment via email, and you are required to attach your flight tickets and a copy of your passport bio-page and complete an appointment form.
- Email: [email protected]

OPTION 3: Intercare Medical Center
https://g.page/intercare-medical-center?share

- Open Mon - Sat only. Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays
- Testing times between 0730 - 1130 & 1300 - 1600 only.
- RT-PCR test with certificate USD$125, and RT-PCR test with Fit to Fly certificate USD$130.
- Swab taken between 0730 - 0930, results issued between 1700 - 1800 on the same day.
- Swab taken after 0930, results issued between 1000 - 1200 the following day.
- For booking and more information, contact at: 023 996 900 / 010 678 324 or email [email protected] / [email protected]
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

Anyone who used Pasteur recently can give feedback.

I've gotten mixed answers.

I have an appointment but Im still concerned with the date printed on the certificate.

My flight departs the morning of the 17th so picking up the certificate the same day as flight isn't an.option.
Pasteur doesn't do same day test and results.

So I'll test on the 15th, pick up results on the 16th, fly on the 17th.

As long as those results are dated as the 16th I'm good. But if it's dated the 15th I'm screwed.

BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

lostjeremy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:09 pm Anyone who used Pasteur recently can give feedback.

I have an appointment but Im still concerned with the date printed on the certificate.

My flight departs the morning of the 17th so picking up the certificate the same day as flight isn't an.option.

As long as those results are dated as the 16th I'm good. But if it's dated the 15th I'm screwed.
I used them sept 11th for my flight on sept 12th. i was concerned as well but went smoothly. I went the morning of sept 11th to test. I went back morning of my flight and picked up results.
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

BklynBoy wrote:
lostjeremy wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 9:09 pm Anyone who used Pasteur recently can give feedback.

I used them sept 11th for my flight on sept 12th. i was concerned as well but went smoothly. I went the morning of sept 11th to test. I went back morning of my flight and picked up results.
Sure, I've done that before as well last year.

My issue this time though is my flight check in time is earlier than Pasteur opens.

Pasteur doesn't do same day test/results so I may just have to bite the bullet and use Intercare.
I was trying to avoid the extra $350 for the 7 of us traveling but there may not be another option.

Sent from my CPH2159 using Tapatalk

Mr.November
Expatriate
Poland

Post by Mr.November »

Anyone flew out from Phnom Penh recently? How early before the departure time you should be at the check in? During the height of Covid people were recommending being at the check-ins 5-6 hours before departure...

My flight departs at 11am, Pasteur pick up is after 8am. Is it enough time?
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

i dont know here, but i came gthe other way, BKK-PNH, 2 weeks ago, and in fact it was the same as in august on my flight AMS-DXB-HKT, i went very early to avoid long cues, but there was almost nobody, everything went quicker then 2 years ago, i wouldnt be bothered at all arriving at 9 if you fly at 11 !!
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

Do babies need to be tested?
lostjeremy
Expatriate

Post by lostjeremy »

armchairlawyer wrote:Do babies need to be tested?
Everywhere is different so there's not a simple yes/no answer.

Example my final destination is the US which doesn't require it for under 2's.

But one of my transit airports does require it for everyone, even transit passengers, even if your just there in the airport for a couple hours.

Sent from my CPH2159 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic