Texas Chicken Opens New Fast-Food in Phnom Penh

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Texas Chicken Opens New Fast-Food in Phnom Penh

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

New Texas Chicken Joint Making it Big in Cambodia
6 hours ago
2 min read
Written by editor

Texas Chicken, one of the largest quick-service restaurant chicken chains globally, continues to bring its bold Texas flavors to Cambodia and recently opened its newest location. The restaurant located at Monivong Blvd., Sangkat Srah Chok, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia, opened to the public on Monday, October 4, 2021. Texas Chicken franchisee TH F&B Co. Ltd. owns and operates the location.

“We are thrilled to continue to grow our presence in the Asia-Pacific region, bringing our bold Texas flavors to residents and visitors,” said Russ Sumrall, Senior Vice President, International Strategic Development for the franchisor of the Texas ChickenTM brand. “Our fans continue to show their love and loyalty to our brand, and we are proud to bring our signature hand-battered and double-breaded chicken, freshly baked honey-butter biscuits, and homemade sides to even more communities around the world. F&B’s knowledge and experience in the market and within the foodservice industry are incredibly valuable and will help contribute to our vitality in Cambodia.”

The exclusive franchise agreement with TH F&B Co. Ltd, announced last year, continues to succeed as new Texas Chicken locations are added. The agreement leverages TH F&B’s existing infrastructure and operations expertise from managing over 10 global F&B brands in Cambodia.

Texas Chicken currently has five locations in Cambodia that are located throughout Phnom Penh with many more planned as Texas Chicken continues to bring the flavorful legendary taste of Texas to Cambodia and the world.
https://eturbonews.com/3008080/new-texa ... -cambodia/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Texas Chicken Opens New Fast-Food in Phnom Penh

Post by nerdlinger »

Note for Texans: Texas Chicken == Church’s Chicken
xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

They've been here for a while haven't they? There's one in Aeon mall and one in BKK I think?
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
bossho
Aging Tweaker
United States of America

Post by bossho »

nerdlinger wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:08 pm Note for Texans: Texas Chicken == Church’s Chicken
Sumptin' tells me that any Texans here are doing just fine without Nerdy's equivocations, but,yes @xandreu Texas chicken has been here at least 6 mos in BKK, TK and AEON if not others by now, its a decent grub down, wraps are nice, honey biscuits tend to get even better in the later afternoon after they steep a bit.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

bossho wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 8:06 pm
nerdlinger wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 6:08 pm Note for Texans: Texas Chicken == Church’s Chicken
Sumptin' tells me that any Texans here are doing just fine without Nerdy's equivocations, but,yes @xandreu Texas chicken has been here at least 6 mos in BKK, TK and AEON if not others by now, its a decent grub down, wraps are nice, honey biscuits tend to get even better in the later afternoon after they steep a bit.
Fucking hell, I can't even talk about chicken without some cunt having a go at me. :silent:

Also I don’t think you know what “equivocation” means.
ExPenhMan
Expatriate
Canada

Post by ExPenhMan »

There must be a lot of money behind the Texas chicken outfit. Their shops are popping up like mushrooms in Bangkok, in prime street and mall spots. They seem to be getting the crowds, too. I haven't tried their meals but then I don't need to. I can fry chicken at home.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

used to love KFC for a quick meal:
2 pieces chicken, side of mashed potatoes and coleslaw
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kampuchia Crumbs
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kampuchia Crumbs »

Bleh, never had anything from Texas Chicken.... Didn't even know there was such a place (and I worked in Houston 5 years ago for 10 months). Must be something new.

Anyway, call me when there is a Texas Roadhouse that opens up. :wave:
What, Me worry?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Some of the customers photo's don't look too appetising.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Texas ... 04.9267207
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

bossho wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 10:51 am Nerdy, get out of Mummy's flat and visit here for the first time before you shoot your mouth off again.
I don’t know why you’re being so hostile about this.
I had a colleague from Texas visit back when I was working elsewhere in SEA and he said he’d never heard of “Texas Fried Chicken”, and was delighted to find that it was Church’s. It seemed like a fun little detail to share.

Why you’ve turned it into a topic for hurling insults is beyond me, although whatever those reasons are probably say more about you than about me.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic