Hotel

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Hotel

Post by Londonmail »

Hey so I'm hoping to finally be back in jan, until March

Got my second jab on Jan 2nd. So can travel 14 days after that

Any recommendation on where to stay these days?

Simple and comfortable,

I usually stayed at nana... mainly so no matter how pished I was I could always find it.... hahaha
Iv stayed at a few other places over the years but none I would want to use again for various reasons...

I'm thinking maybe a change this time... or maybe not

Thanks
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Hotel

Post by AndyKK »

I may just be wrong, but sometime ago I meet up with some friends who were staying at the Nana hotel. They were only given a few nights stay by the new Chinese management at the time. But who knows in these times what is happening now.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Chuck Borris
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Chuck Borris »

If you stayed at Nana, than you"ll feel like at home at the riverside.. :whip:
Don"t Eat The Yellow Snow.
Londonmail
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Londonmail »

I'm not sure it's me to be honest.... iv not been out for a few years must be 3 at least maybe 4...

Riverside is an area I no only too well, it's the hotel I'm looking for recommendations...

Nana always served it's purpose... for me my like the internal rooms... I hate rooms with balcony and all the ballshit if I want to go outside... il go outside ..

I stayed 6 weeks poolside before and on the 5th week I went for a dip... lol

Over the years I have meet alot of people from forums and in general most been a good bunch...

This should be the start of long regular visits if not something a little more permenants, I used to travel about 3 times a year for about 3 or 4 weeks at a time... but my job/ relationship put the kibosh on that... so hoping to get a better life balance soon...

But not all goes to.plan haha
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Once stayed at this place not far from the area your talking of.
VMANSION Boutique Hotel
023 219 000
https://maps.app.goo.gl/7ioSEq7vQVjjfmj87
Always "hope" but never "expect".
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

Consider Frangipani.

or Sundance.

Red Fox 2?

Despite the 100+ guesthouses I've stayed at, it's all a blur.
My criteria, at base, was: lock, shower, clean bed.
The fourth was: availability of passing out.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

been staying here thru 3 name changes over the past 13 years and its still a great deal and location and price cant be beat;
https://www.booking.com/hotel/kh/hometo ... enh;dist=0
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:02 am been staying here thru 3 name changes over the past 13 years and its still a great deal and location and price cant be beat;
After quite a few 'incidents' with foreign guests they changed their name to Best Central Point hotel.

Decent rooms, bit worn out, but value for money indeed. It's one of my frequent places when staying in PP.
Typhoon28
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Typhoon28 »

Kammekor wrote:
phuketrichard wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 9:02 am been staying here thru 3 name changes over the past 13 years and its still a great deal and location and price cant be beat;
After quite a few 'incidents' with foreign guests they changed their name to Best Central Point hotel.

Decent rooms, bit worn out, but value for money indeed. It's one of my frequent places when staying in PP.
I'm pretty certain that they are two different properties one being much nicer than the other.

Sent from my TECNO LD7 using Tapatalk

phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

2009 it was the Hometown Hotel on street 172
then they changed their name when they installed an elevator and made more smaller rooms out of the huge rooms they had.
then another "tourist" had problems and they changed to what it is now

still a good deal but the keys are shit
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic