Confirmed Flight Schedule - Cambodia Airports

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Confirmed Flight Schedule - Cambodia Airports

Post by armchairlawyer »

I noticed on flightradar that some Cambodian Angkor Air flights into SAI from PHN, SGN, KOS showed as N/A, presumably cancelled.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Just realized, that Cambodia has 4 airlines:
Sky Angkor Airlines
Cambodia Angkor Air
Lanmei Airways
Cambodia Airways
Can't decide between "impressive" and scratching my head and asking myself "wtf" (whereas the W stands for why)
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
armchairlawyer
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by armchairlawyer »

ressl wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:03 pm Just realized, that Cambodia has 4 airlines:
Sky Angkor Airlines
Cambodia Angkor Air
Lanmei Airways
Cambodia Airways
Can't decide between "impressive" and scratching my head and asking myself "wtf" (whereas the W stands for why)
There are at least two more which exist as airlines but have not yet restarted ops post-Covid. And soon there will be Air Asia Cambodia. As they say, do the math.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:21 pm
ressl wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:03 pm Just realized, that Cambodia has 4 airlines:
Sky Angkor Airlines
Cambodia Angkor Air
Lanmei Airways
Cambodia Airways
There are at least two more which exist as airlines but have not yet restarted ops post-Covid. And soon there will be Air Asia Cambodia. As they say, do the math.
Lanmei is down to one aircraft. They lost 3 this year. I will leave you to plot the likely future trajectory of this company.

Book them in advance at your own risk.

https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Lanmei-Airlines
rogerrabbit
Expatriate

Post by rogerrabbit »

JC Airlines parent company Yunnan Group filed bankruptcy last month in China. So I think can count that off as well.

cabron
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by cabron »

armchairlawyer wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:21 pm
Sky Angkor Airlines
Cambodia Angkor Air
Lanmei Airways
Cambodia Airways
One must be desperate to fly with these outfits.
Boredom is like a shroud
Kenr
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Kenr »

Cambodia Airways was actually pretty good. Went to Thailand recently with them and going to use them again during New Years for a trip back to Thailand over New Year’s. Seats were fairly comfortable with very good leg room, plus 30 kg free luggage.
Roryborealis
Expatriate

Post by Roryborealis »

I recently flew Cambodia Angkor Air domestically, and it was not as bad as I expected. They did weigh my backpack though (I was traveling light). The only real issue was a massive weather delay, but that's force majeure, and not on them.
ressl
Expatriate
Germany

Post by ressl »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:08 pm Lanmei is down to one aircraft. They lost 3 this year.
I am kind of curious how they lost them. Sold, crashed, decommissioned (can't get repaired any longer)?

I was kind of pissed off with them when I got stranded in KL (long story) and a flight to Phnom Penh was about to leave in 1¼ hours. So I went to their counter, put my credit card on the desk and asked them to put me on that flight. Although seats were still free, no way. I need to book online (sure, show me one flight portal where I can book a flight 10 minutes before its check-in closes). Then I went to Air Asia, which was more than happy to sell me a totally overpriced last minute ticket with departure the next morning. It got a quite uncomfortable night at the airport :?
Driving on Cambodian roads is just like playing a classic arcade top scroller. The only difference is a force feedback controller, the limitation to only one life and the inability to restart, once Game Over
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic