A place for nut job PMs?

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: A place for nut job PMs?

Post by nemo »

yes
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

I get the occasional deranged message on tof, none received or sent here lol
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:41 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:28 pm I get about five of those every day.
Now you've got a place to share some of them you greedy prick.
I was just joking. I've never had a PM like that from anywhere. That one you got was nasty. I don't understand why people have to be like that. I'm a very peaceful guy.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

sanjuro wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:33 pm
John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:28 pm I get about five of those every day. That's what you get for being popular.
As popular as a pimple on a forehead!
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

The General should open the vault to release a few for public viewing - I've a sneaking suspicion he might have some colorful correspondence.
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:35 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:17 pm I don't know. How funny is that really ?
Go die already, you old nasty bully. You might get served one of these days, Mr. Science.
Personally, I'd report that PM to a mod, and your secret friend can then fk off from CEO. :fuckyou:
I don't find that funny at all.
While I agree the guy is a bit of a dick, I'm not sure one can take him or his threats that seriously - he's just nut job wacko type.
The thing is that you may not be offended or upset about it, but he may send similar to other members who might be. By not reporting it, you make the person think that that sort of behaviour is acceptable, when its not accetable at all

When we take any sort of abusive phone calls at work, we always report them, even if personally, we laugh them off.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

jaynewcastle wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:24 pm
Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:35 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:17 pm I don't know. How funny is that really ?
Go die already, you old nasty bully. You might get served one of these days, Mr. Science.
Personally, I'd report that PM to a mod, and your secret friend can then fk off from CEO. :fuckyou:
While I agree the guy is a bit of a dick, I'm not sure one can take him or his threats that seriously - he's just nut job wacko type.
The thing is that you may not be offended or upset about it, but he may send similar to other members who might be. By not reporting it, you make the person think that that sort of behaviour is acceptable, when its not accetable at all

When we take any sort of abusive phone calls at work, we always report them, even if personally, we laugh them off.
Alright, he's reported.
Shazza
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Shazza »

Oh well, that's f**ked that thread
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Isn’t saying “Go die already” the equivalent of telling someone to ‘fuck off’? I know it depends on the context it’s used in, but in this instance it’s hardly a death threat.
I’m with Shazza on this one, a promising thread may have been killed off before it got a chance to bloom.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Shazza wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:43 pm Oh well, that's f**ked that thread
Chad Sexington wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:14 am I’m with Shazza on this one, a promising thread may have been killed off before it got a chance to bloom.
I'm sure there'll be others.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic