Thief Sells Off Rented Cows for a New House and a Party

Provincial living: homesteading, farming, gardening, self-efficiency and animal husbandry.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Thief Sells Off Rented Cows for a New House and a Party

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Phnom Penh): On November 3, 2021, at 1:00 pm in Prek Thmey village/Sangkat, Khan Chbar Ampov, a 44-year-old male farmer, Yam Yum, was arrested for selling off 9 rented cows for 19 million riels to build his house.

In fact, the cows that he sold belonged to a 54-year-old woman, Thouk Siem from Chheu Teal village, Kandal province. According to the police, during 2014 the victim rented 9 cows to the suspect. The suspect bred the cows and created 8 more cows which later were sold back to the woman owner.

However, during June and July 2021, the suspect sold 7 cows that did not belong to him for 15 million riels, and on August 16, 2021, at 9:00 am the suspect sold off 2 cows more for 4,600,000 riels.
After that, the suspect used most of the money from the cow sales to construct his house, and he spent the rest of the money on food and drinks for parties.

On the day of the incident at 1:00 pm, the woman cow owner visited the site to check her cows, and she found that 9 of them had gone missing. She confronted the suspect, who confessed, and then she reported the theft to the police.
The suspect is being held in custody at the Khan Chbar Ampov district police station awaiting trial.
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Thief Sells Off Rented Cows for a New House and a Party

Post by ofparadise »

How do you build a house for $4000 odd dollars? I might be getting overcharged.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

There's some old law in Cambodia about cows, but anyway it seems the suspect has sold something that doesn't belong to him. I wonder what monies where spent on the house and what on partying? If I built a house out of approximately the alleged $4782.40 of money, I would probably throw a party.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

ofparadise wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:16 pm How do you build a house for $4000 odd dollars? I might be getting overcharged.
All houses are not equal.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

So, cash cow, litterally.
Railroad
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Railroad »

CEOCambodiaNews wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:55 pm The suspect bred the cows and created 8 more cows...
No bull? :ROFL:
RorschachRev
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by RorschachRev »

Since they appear to be milk cows, I bet the whole thing was an udder disaster.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

RorschachRev wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:20 am Since they appear to be milk cows, I bet the whole thing was an udder disaster.
Where did they appear ?

พิซออนเดอรูฟ
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Just asking... how much does it cost to take care of a milk cow?

Personally I have no clue on this topic.

Cats and Dogs I can deal with, but the logistics of caring for a cow is beyond my scope.

If a person were to rent a cow or 2, what would they need to prepare? How do they ensure the milk production levels stay consistent?

The reason I'm asking is partly curiosity, and also practical. My family consumes a lot of milk and cheese.

I know a few other families that also go through 4 to 5 liters a day like us. And I was thinking, what if we hired a cow, and took care of it as a collective and distribute the milk evenly... would be interesting for the kids as well.

Where do you even hire a shepherd to take care of the cow?

Just thinking out loud.
Tootsfriend
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Tootsfriend »

ofparadise wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:14 am Just asking... how much does it cost to take care of a milk cow?

Personally I have no clue on this topic.

Cats and Dogs I can deal with, but the logistics of caring for a cow is beyond my scope.

If a person were to rent a cow or 2, what would they need to prepare? How do they ensure the milk production levels stay consistent?

The reason I'm asking is partly curiosity, and also practical. My family consumes a lot of milk and cheese.

I know a few other families that also go through 4 to 5 liters a day like us. And I was thinking, what if we hired a cow, and took care of it as a collective and distribute the milk evenly... would be interesting for the kids as well.

Where do you even hire a shepherd to take care of the cow?

Just thinking out loud.

Why would you want to hire a shepherd, a person who looks after sheep, to look after a cow. If you want to learn about milking cows in the modern society we live in, do a search on the internet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic