Malaysian Man Arrested After Ordering Ketamine to his Hotel

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Re: Malaysian Man Arrested After Ordering Ketamine to his Hotel

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Anchor Moy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:25 pm OK, I'm speculating here - If the package had KETAMINE written on it in huge letters - would that have made a difference ? Would anyone at the hotel know what that means ?
Well back in the old days it used to be sold like this in pharmacies. It still is but it's restricted, it's an essential medication. :

These days much of it is manufactured illicitly in a country a bit to the north. It seems to be usually sold in a powdered form.
I can't imagine anything worse than taking K in a club/KTV here with crazy local techno/rap etc blasting. Fuck that. :?
Back in the nineties Ketamine also came in pencil-thin glass vials in Phnom Penh. Once you snapped/cracked the top off it couldn't be closed. The thin vials also made a distinctive "clinking" sound as they hit each other when you walked. I was going to suggest that noise may have tipped someone off, but then considered Ketamine probably doesn't come like that any more.

The image you showed is how morphine was also bottled.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

I think you mean a glass ampoule? It seems they still exist.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

The ones I remember were thinner and longer with ml marker lines running down one side. I looked for an image but couldn't find it.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

I spent my most recent quarantine at this hotel, their security procedures were tight and they were very strict on what outside deliveries were permitted, and clearly stated in the welcome pack that all deliveries must be pre-approved by hotel management and are subject to inspection...what a fkn idiot 🤦🏽‍♂️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic