Siem Reap Drug Ring Arrested with 5Kgs of "Meth"

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Siem Reap Drug Ring Arrested with 5Kgs of "Meth"

Post by John Bingham »

donner-kruger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:54 pm Either way, my main point was that Meth is not the same as MDMA.
Wow, what an amazing point. A completely irrelevant drug which isn't even mentioned in the article is not the same as Meth. Next thing you'll be telling us Marijuanas aren't the same as Heroin. Who knew? :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:44 pm
donner-kruger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:54 pm Either way, my main point was that Meth is not the same as MDMA.
Wow, what an amazing point. A completely irrelevant drug which isn't even mentioned in the article is not the same as Meth. Next thing you'll be telling us Marijuanas aren't the same as Heroin. Who knew? :?
It was in reply to someone who seemed to have gotten the two confused. Perhaps you should have taken time to understand the context instead of writing sarcastic remarks that are completely unrelated to the topic.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Nobody except you mentioned any other drug except methamphetamines. You are confused.
Silence, exile, and cunning.
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 pm Nobody except you mentioned any other drug except methamphetamines. You are confused.
Except the guy posting pictures of ecstasy tablets (MDMA). And the article referred to tablets. There is no such thing as Meth tablets.

Do you mind me asking you how old you are?
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

donner-kruger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:51 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:44 pm
It was in reply to someone who seemed to have gotten the two confused. Perhaps you should have taken time to understand the context instead of writing sarcastic remarks that are completely unrelated to the topic.
My point stand's that Meth is not affordable too most Cambodian drug takers! The guys you may hear about living and dealing on the rail tracks will deal bags of $2.50, 3 drag's on the pipe for them and it's finished, not forgetting that may be more than half of their daily wage. If they are lucky to work, if not they will be up to no good to feed the habit their getting into. WY pills are a more affordable drug for the youth in this country, but it has it's effects on the authorities and socially on the public who will not except this kind of situation.
I could not tell you the price of a kilogram of methamphetamine, although going by information on the internet it's priced in tens of thousands of dollars. So I do believe only the ones who can afford, are the better off of Cambodian society. Otherwise Cambodia is what it's always been, that of this and other substances being a transit route to other first or developed countries where it is more affordable.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by sanjuro »

'Those who speak do not know,
those who know do not speak'

-Lao Tzu
Flexxman
Expatriate

Post by Flexxman »

Splitting hairs. We don't know whether the tablets in the picture are MDMA either. Probably - but not for sure.

WY tablets are partly caffeine not only meth - so are these meth tablets then or not? Smells nicely like chemical strawberry when the vapours are smoked. The WY has to evaporate, not burn away and it used to be sold for 3000 Riel ages ago.

Street prices for meth - which country? Most profitable are therefore transports from South East Asia to Australia.
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

AndyKK wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:35 pm My point stand's that Meth is not affordable too most Cambodian drug takers! The guys you may hear about living and dealing on the rail tracks will deal bags of $2.50, 3 drag's on the pipe for them and it's finished, not forgetting that may be more than half of their daily wage. If they are lucky to work, if not they will be up to no good to feed the habit their getting into. WY pills are a more affordable drug for the youth in this country, but it has it's effects on the authorities and socially on the public who will not except this kind of situation.
I could not tell you the price of a kilogram of methamphetamine, although going by information on the internet it's priced in tens of thousands of dollars. So I do believe only the ones who can afford, are the better off of Cambodian society. Otherwise Cambodia is what it's always been, that of this and other substances being a transit route to other first or developed countries where it is more affordable.
Obviously it is because there's a lot of it here in Cambodia. We have people in the west that buy meth and heroin who are literally homeless. They'll find a way got acquire it.
donner-kruger
Expatriate
Sweden

Post by donner-kruger »

Flexxman wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:43 pm Splitting hairs. We don't know whether the tablets in the picture are MDMA either. Probably - but not for sure.

WY tablets are partly caffeine not only meth - so are these meth tablets then or not? Smells nicely like chemical strawberry when the vapours are smoked. The WY has to evaporate, not burn away and it used to be sold for 3000 Riel ages ago.

Street prices for meth - which country? Most profitable are therefore transports from South East Asia to Australia.
Yeah, and maybe meth tablets exists. Wouldn't surprise me if they did. Although I have never seen one and nobody has been able to show me that my assertion was wrong.

I also never heard of WY tablets. I suspect this is what you call ecstasy in Cambodia. Although the part where you say it contains caffeine and that people smoke it, makes me think I might be wrong.

I also don't understand your question about price. I wasn't even talking about that. I only stated that meth is a pretty affordable drug for most people. Hence why it's quite popular in Thailand.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

donner-kruger wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:05 pm
John Bingham wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 pm Nobody except you mentioned any other drug except methamphetamines. You are confused.
Except the guy posting pictures of ecstasy tablets (MDMA). And the article referred to tablets. There is no such thing as Meth tablets.
Yes, there is such a thing as methamphetamine tablets, aka yaba or yama. Read on here, or do an online search.

Methamphetamine Tablets
Meth is sometimes sold as a pill known as yaba. The colored tablets, which contain a mix of caffeine and approximately 30 percent methamphetamine, are usually green or reddish-orange. They tend to be smaller than aspirin tablets.

Like ecstasy and other club drugs, yaba is frequently stamped with logos, most commonly the letters R or WY.

While people usually swallow yaba, some melt the pills and inhale the vapors. Others crush and snort yaba. It can also be mixed with solvents and injected into a vein.

The pills are primarily produced in Burma and sold in Thailand.
Yaba is most popular in East and Southeast Asia, but meth pills have also made a splash in the U.S. rave scene, according to the Drug Enforcement Administration.
https://www.drugrehab.com/addiction/dru ... ooks-like/
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic