British GARY COSGROVE Sentenced for Child Sex Offenses in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
violet
Expatriate

Re: British GARY COSGROVE Sentenced for Child Sex Offenses in Cambodia

Post by violet »

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 6:38 am
nerdlinger wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:49 am
bittermelon wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:38 am Crazy short.
There has been some debate on other threads about vigilante justice, some, that to my mind seem a little naive and idealistic saying there is never a place for it, and others saying that with a dysfunctional criminal justice system it's a necessary evil.
It's possibly inappropriate and illegal but if it wasn't I would suggest some kind of a fundraising effort, a mama noodle fund for some of his new neighbors.
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its stupidest member divided by the number of people in the mob.
Then divide that number by the age of the abuse victim to calculate the IQ of someone who thinks a 29 month jail sentence is suitable punishment for a crime of this nature (bear in mind that in the UK a prisoner usually only serves half of that sentence in jail, in this instance less than 15 months)

Gary Cosgrove and all of his kind should be put to death, and if the state won’t do it, then Ive got no problem with vigilantes who will.

I’ve said it before, anyone who chooses to harm children, has stepped over a line from which there is no returning. Paedophiles cannot be, nor deserve to be rehabilitated, and children deserve better than being put at risk by convicted paedophiles being released back in to society.

Cue the cries of “what if an innocent person is mistakenly targeted by a vigilante mob?”
To that I say, unfortunate as it may be, if it acts as a deterrent to actual child abusing predators, then that’s a risk we should be prepared to accept. A ‘mob’ doing the wrong thing for the right reason, is preferable to a state treating paedophiles (and anyone else who intentionally hurts children) with kid gloves.
yep... hands up here. I'm crying that it's simply not ok to have an innocent person wrongly attacked. No, it's not preferable to a state treating paedophiles with kid gloves. Neither is acceptable.
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

simon43 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:31 am
Cue the cries of “what if an innocent person is mistakenly targeted by a vigilante mob?”
To that I say, unfortunate as it may be, if it acts as a deterrent to actual child abusing predators, then that’s a risk we should be prepared to accept.
Wow! You condone vigilante mobs acting against the wrong person?! Fcuked up beyond all believe
Not condoning it at all, I’m saying we’d have to accept that risk of it happening in order to ensure the guilty persons are suitably punished, because currently the state is not doing so.
Maybe some unfortunate ‘collateral damage’ is the price to be paid in order for the state to start handing out some real justice. If the state would punish paedo’s appropriately there’d be need for the vigilantes in the first place.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

violet wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 7:51 am
There has been some debate on other threads about vigilante justice, some, that to my mind seem a little naive and idealistic saying there is never a place for it, and others saying that with a dysfunctional criminal justice system it's a necessary evil.
It's possibly inappropriate and illegal but if it wasn't I would suggest some kind of a fundraising effort, a mama noodle fund for some of his new neighbors.
The IQ of a mob is the IQ of its stupidest member divided by the number of people in the mob.
Then divide that number by the age of the abuse victim to calculate the IQ of someone who thinks a 29 month jail sentence is suitable punishment for a crime of this nature (bear in mind that in the UK a prisoner usually only serves half of that sentence in jail, in this instance less than 15 months)

Gary Cosgrove and all of his kind should be put to death, and if the state won’t do it, then Ive got no problem with vigilantes who will.

I’ve said it before, anyone who chooses to harm children, has stepped over a line from which there is no returning. Paedophiles cannot be, nor deserve to be rehabilitated, and children deserve better than being put at risk by convicted paedophiles being released back in to society.

To that I say, unfortunate as it may be, if it acts as a deterrent to actual child abusing predators, then that’s a risk we should be prepared to accept. A ‘mob’ doing the wrong thing for the right reason, is preferable to a state treating paedophiles (and anyone else who intentionally hurts children) with kid gloves.
yep... hands up here. I'm crying that it's simply not ok to have an innocent person wrongly attacked. No, it's not preferable to a state treating paedophiles with kid gloves. Neither is acceptable.
Neither of those two things should have to be acceptable, but, the first one is only a ‘possibility’, the second is an ‘actuality’
The rights and safety of children have to be placed above those of adults.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Thank fuck you're not in charge. You would be a Trump supporter.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:37 pm

You must be a Kiddie Sniffer Biden supporter. Your TDS is showing.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Without reading the article, it seems all they could get him on is "making indecent images of a child and inciting a child to commit a sexual act", not the act itself.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:42 pm

What an intelligent comeback. Part of a mob, by any chance, .. [Mod edit: no need for name calling]. Don't know what TDS means, Total Disregard of Sexington?
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:48 pm

What an intelligent comeback. Part of a mob, by any chance, .. [Mod edit: no need for name calling]. Don't know what TDS means, Total Disregard of Sexington?
Don’t talk about intelligence, when your knee jerk reaction to an opinion that differs to your own is to spout “Trump” bullshit.
FYI (for your information) I’m far from being part of a mob, I can get done the things I choose to do fine by myself.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Don’t talk about intelligence, when your knee jerk reaction to an opinion that differs to your own is to spout “Trump” bullshit.
FYI (for your information) I’m far from being part of a mob, I can get done the things I choose to do fine by myself.
Anyone condoning violence lacks intelligence and is neanderthalic in their thinking. Particularly violence against the innocent. I don't want to engage anymore however, I will give you the last word, as is the right of the defendant.
Chad Sexington
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Chad Sexington »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:54 pm
Chad Sexington wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:25 pm

Anyone condoning violence lacks intelligence and is neanderthalic in their thinking. Particularly violence against the innocent. I don't want to engage anymore however, I will give you the last word, as is the right of the defendant.
I wonder if you’d write that first sentence if you as a child, or one of your children, had suffered sexual abuse at the hands of an adult, especially an adult who had been convicted of such an offense earlier and been released to abuse again?
In no way shape or form am I condoning violence against the innocent, the exact opposite actually. My whole point is regarding the soft treatment of those who choose to abuse and harm children, and how the UK state, by refusing to punish them appropriately, could justify vigilantes taking the law into their own hands.
Yes, as already mentioned, that could lead to the possibility of innocent people being targeted by vigilantes (that possibility is greatly increased when paedophiles are being covertly released back into the general public under anonymity on completion of the usual lenient sentence, if actually sentenced at all)
When real justice is served there’s no need for vigilantes.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic