Two Killed in Truck/Car Accident Caused by Flat Tire

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Two Killed in Truck/Car Accident Caused by Flat Tire

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

Cambodia News (Banteay Mean Chey Province): On October 30, 2021, at 5:40 am on National Road 6, outside the town, about 400 meters from Romduol village, Phnom Leap commune, Preah Net Preah district, a Toyota Highlander (PNH 2S-7653) collided with a Hino semi-trailer truck (Sihanoukville 3A-2451 & 4A-3150) due to a flat tyre.
Two people were killed at the scene. The deceased victims were a 29-year-old man, Kong Chaytang, the driver from village 4, Sangkat Boeung Prolet, Khan 7Makara, and a 37-year-old man, Kong Pru, a passenger from Sangkat Boeung Salang, Khan Toul Kork.

The driver of the semi-trailer truck fled the scene after the collision. The bodies of the victims were kept at the Rohal pagoda awaiting the relatives; and the damaged vehicles were towed away for further investigation.
ImageImageImageImage
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Re: Two Killed in Truck/Car Accident Caused by Flat Tire

Post by Bongmab69 »

i am really curious how fast that toyota was driving to wreck itself like that, and even wreck a semi like that !! ?? I have been trucking all me live, knvere driven a Hino, but this is pretty strange !! ??
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

How do you have a head on crash and the impact both on the right hand side?
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:28 am How do you have a head on crash and the impact both on the right hand side?
when both are on the wrong side of the road :popcorn:
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:42 am
atst wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:28 am How do you have a head on crash and the impact both on the right hand side?
Both on the wrong side of the road by a long way then
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

atst wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:51 pm
Kammekor wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:42 am
Both on the wrong side of the road by a long way then
When overtaking drivers are on the 'wrong' side of the road. What if both were overtaking?
drozd
Expatriate
Mexico

Post by drozd »

Looking at the pictures the Highlander is crashed on the left hand side, the Hino truck on the right hand side.
Then there's a picture of a pick up truck (possibly a Tacoma) crashed on the right hand side.
The pick up truck isn't even mention in the text to be part of this terrible crash.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic