Climate change deniers

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
CEOCambodiaNews
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Climate change deniers

Post by CEOCambodiaNews »

World registers hottest day ever recorded on Monday
06/07/23 23:48
WASHINGTON, July 4 (Reuters) - Monday was the hottest day ever recorded globally, according to data from the US National Centers for Environmental Prediction.

The average global temperature reached 17.01C (62.62F), surpassing the August 2016 record of 16.92C (62.46F) as heatwaves sizzled around the world.

The southern US has been suffering under an intense heat dome in recent weeks. In China, an enduring heatwave continued with temperatures above 35C (95F). North Africa has seen temperatures near 50C (122F).

Even Antarctica, currently in its winter, registered anomalously high temperatures. Ukraine’s Vernadsky Research Base in the white continent’s Argentine Islands recently broke its July temperature record with 8.7C (47.6F).

“This is not a milestone we should be celebrating,” said climate scientist Friederike Otto of the Grantham Institute for Climate Change and the Environment at Imperial College London.

“It’s a death sentence for people and ecosystems.”

Scientists said climate change combined with an emerging El Nino pattern was to blame.

“Unfortunately, it promises to only be the first in a series of new records set this year as increasing emissions of [carbon dioxide] and greenhouse gasses coupled with a growing El Nino event push temperatures to new highs,” said Zeke Hausfather, a research scientist at Berkeley Earth.
- FRESH NEWS
Join the Cambodia Expats Online Telegram Channel: https://t.me/CambodiaExpatsOnline

Cambodia Expats Online: Bringing you breaking news from Cambodia before you read it anywhere else!

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT US

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Instagram
DeparRudeAnts
Expatriate
Afghanistan

Post by DeparRudeAnts »

sumfin smart
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Kammekor wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 12:51 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:59 pm
Private Nuts wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:48 pm I don't even believe in the climate, it's all a conspiracy.
You don't believe in weather patterns?

You think it's just an ongoing coincidence that it is freezing, and snows, every January in Canada, and hot, and rains heavily at the same time, in northern Australia, polar in Antarctica, hot and humid every April/May in Cambodia, hot and steamy at my place every birthday, overcast every Valentine's Day?

Is your pen name that of your "guest house?"
You've been living under a rock haven't you?

Everyone knows Biden is to blame for that, and the rest.
Oh yeah, I knew that!

What d'ya think I've been living under a rock, or something?!

Under a frock on Fridays.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

schlarry wrote: Thu Jun 29, 2023 4:08 am
Private Nuts wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:48 pm I don't even believe in the climate, it's all a conspiracy.

You think it's just an ongoing coincidence that it is freezing, and snows, every January in Canada, and hot, and rains heavily at the same time, in northern Australia, polar in Antarctica, hot and humid every April/May in Cambodia, hot and steamy at my place every birthday, overcast every Valentine's Day?

Your sarcasm meter is broken :wink:
I don't have one. I take everything I read on the internet literally. Why would anyone lie?

Did you wink at me? :whistler:
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

ChatGPT is on the case.

It can't actually tell you the answer, because it is solving the problem itself:

If it could...
Q. How do we stop the Climate Change crisis?
A. Eradicate humans.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Oh yeah, I knew that!

Sometimes irony is hard to get. For me too.
Alex
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by Alex »

I'm not a climate change denier. But I'd focus on coping with it rather than hysterically scrambling to avoid the unavoidable. Greta, the poster child of that hysteria, and her allies won't stop climate change.

Things are about to heat up, deal with it.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Alex wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:12 am I'm not a climate change denier. But I'd focus on coping with it rather than hysterically scrambling to avoid the unavoidable. Greta, the poster child of that hysteria, and her allies won't stop climate change.

Ok, ok, cool down.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Kammekor wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:32 am
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 5:37 pm

Oh yeah, I knew that!

Sometimes irony is hard to get. For me too.
Laundromat does it for me.
Random Dude
Expatriate

Post by Random Dude »

Alex wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 9:12 am I'm not a climate change denier. But I'd focus on coping with it rather than hysterically scrambling to avoid the unavoidable. Greta, the poster child of that hysteria, and her allies won't stop climate change.

Yep, pretty much this.

Even if we stopped burning all fossil fuels tomorrow the shit we've already put into the atmosphere, and the feedback loops that have started, make it a foregone conclusion. There's no closing that stable door now, we just need to try to find a way to live with it.

But I don't blame Greta (as much she irritates me), or anyone, for trying to push for change, especially if they're young enough that they'll be the ones having to live with the consequences of our actions. The damage has been done and it sounds like it'll be pretty grim, but I can definitely see the argument for not making the situation even worse for future generations than it's going to be already.

That being said though, I'll be buggered if I see a way out of it, short of a massive change of cultures, lifestyles, financial systems, etc and that's never going to happen until mother nature smacks up back into the stone age.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic