Dope stoires of the ages

Yeah, that place out 'there'. Anything not really Cambodia related should go here.
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Dope stoires of the ages

Post by atst »

Is this a my drug run was better and bigger than yours thread, count me out I can't remember.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

John Bingham wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:19 pm Dope is for dopes - don't be a dope.
I got that fantastic quote from this sign I came across in Manhattan about 1998. 8-)

Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

You won't get any 'dope stories' from me on this thread, or anywhere else. (i pray)
Boring as bat shit.

I don't do dope stories - and hopefully those few who i write my experiences for, from those fabulous times when we opened up a whole new world of incredible wonders, understand that.
Sure, pot was a part of it, for some - but it was just one of a thousand ingredients in that swirling mysterious Eastern mix that we chose to immerse ourself in. and reeally explore.
It was also a relatively small, but still consequential, part of our trading economy at that time. And hence part of the History.

If you ain't interested - fine.
If you think talking about it is unwise - thanks. i understand that, but after careful consideration i think i am on safe ground. There is nothing written here for me to fear or hide. Others may chose differently.
Sorry, but I have an niggling urge to start telling some of the SEA history that we lived thru in the making. It was interesting times - to a few of us anyway.

If you don't like "Dope" and want to point your withery old snaky fingers of scorn - Good. I don't like beer.
ffs eye roll

If you think i am bragging bullshitting or dick swinging i will tell you straight out - One, i am too old for that. Two, i don't need to. - our everyday life out here was full of the most incredible things. I want to record exactly that.
To exaggerate or invent anything would be to dismiss the very fantasticness of the experiences that we had. The real thing needs no embellishment - at all.

'Sorry that i cant write History near well enough to take you all back there. But i might start writing down some of this stuff before i die anyway, just for the record.

You first....
:)
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

"Class, today, we have a special guest to talk to you on those nasty things, drugs - Sargent Stadanko." The audience boos. Sister reprimands the class anxiously - out comes your friendly neighbourhood [unclear: narc] 1969 - green trousers, red shirt, black and white jacket and red-rimmed glasses.
"Contrary to some tests", Stadanko reveals, "this stuff can give you brain damage. Believe me kids this stuff is dangerous to fool with. Only dopes use dope. Marihuana is really a dangerous drug, people have been known to OD on peanut-butter sandwiches. Imagine eating 3 tons of peanut-butter sandwiches. Now, I'm going to show you a film so that you can identify a Dope-Pusher! One last thing you can help us to catch these terrible people - Turn your friends in!" General laughter, lights dim, spot comes up centre stage, this cool cat strolls out, fur-trimmed jacket, stylish white stetson, plastic bag clasped in hand, held high -"Dope, dope, anyone want some dope" he cries. Sargent Stadanko comes out disguised as a freak trying to buy some dope

"I want to buy some pills."

"Well what sort?"

"Well something to get me up there...."

"Well how much.....?"

"Well just a few, about a kilo."

http://nzetc.victoria.ac.nz/tm/scholarl ... 17-d3.html
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

I tried weed and soon got bored with it and moved on to ecstasy and LCD. I dabbled with ketamine around the same time. Before long I was snorting coke off hookers stomachs and on the pipe and downing a bottle of vodka on my own. I had lost track of reality and was dirty and broke. But what a hell of a night.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
willyhilly
Expatriate
Albania

Post by willyhilly »

I had quite a career and plenty of stories. But I have found all the books and the stories very tedious for many years.
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:55 pm I tried weed and soon got bored with it and moved on to ecstasy and LCD.
LCDs suck, LEDs are much better. 8)
Silence, exile, and cunning.
SternAAlbifrons
Expatriate
Pitcairn Island

Post by SternAAlbifrons »

Say what you like
but i would never have met Charles Sobraj if i wasn't running (a little) dope
or walked into the loosing end of a war.
or met that mad chick that tried to murder me...

:mrgreen:
Fewa Tel
Tourist
Nepal

Post by Fewa Tel »

Hi Stern, I am fascinated by the 'Life and crimes of Charles Sobhraj '
I've have been a regular to S.E Asia from the early eighties, and am very endeared to Nepal, where also he operated his evil charms.
Also I stayed regularly at Bongai , near Lumpini stadium, on Rama 4 , Bangkok, where he operated close by at hotel Malaysia, years before.
I would like to know , Did you have much to do with him ,and was he the charismatic , as claimed, or did you feel uneasy in his presence.?
I would appreciate some insight into his behaviour , like did he get stoned, or drink booze with his associates ?
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

John Bingham wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:50 pm
Pseudonomdeplume wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:55 pm I tried weed and soon got bored with it and moved on to ecstasy and LCD.
LCDs suck, LEDs are much better. 8)
Yeah, I don't like having no control. I don't know what LEDs are. Heard of them, so started researching on the International Police site.

First category: Central Nervous System:
"CNS depressants slow down... Examples of CNS depressants include alcohol, barbiturates, anti-anxiety tranquilizers (e.g., Valium, Librium, Xanax, Prozac, and Thorazine), GHB (gamma hydroxybutyrate), Rohypnol, and many other anti-depressants (e.g., Zoloft, Paxil)."

Weed is a downer that gets you high. Anti-depressants are depressants (inflammable is flammable). MDMA is classified as a hallucinogenic. Amongst the classified drugs were hair spray (must watch the movie), paint and cement!

Some of the prescriptions had a worse affect than the reason for taking them - 2 wrongs don't make a right (however, 2 Wrights did make an airplane).

Seems the document might have been drafted in the Evidence Room.
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic