Appetite Suppressants

Ask us anything. Cambodia Expats Online has a huge community of long-term expats that can answer any question you may have about life in Cambodia. Have some questions you want to ask before you move to Cambodia? Ask them here. Our community can also answer any questions you have about how to find a job or what kind of work is available for expats in Cambodia, whether you're looking for info about Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, or anywhere else in the Kingdom. You're also welcome to ask about visa and work permit questions as well, as the immigration rules change often, especially since COVID-19. Don't be shy, ask CEO's community anything!
ali baba
Expatriate

Appetite Suppressants

Post by ali baba »

I lost my appetite for a week and it was liberating to not think about food or need to buy and prepare 3 meals a day. I'd very much like to repeat that experience.

What appetite suppressants are available in Cambodia? What are the side effects?
Scarier than malaria.
sanjuro
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: Appetite Suppressants

Post by sanjuro »

xandreu
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by xandreu »

I'm no pharmacist but I think if it were as easy as popping a pill, there would be very few fat people.

As fas as I'm aware, appetite suppressants do exist but they come in a form you won't find the behind the counter of your local chemist. I may be wrong though... I know there's that stuff that makes your ass uncontrollably leak wet concrete all day long but I'm not sure that''s what you want, or need.
The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never allow the dumb ones to lead the pack.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

phentermine,
as an appetite suppressant for the short-term management of obesity.; Phentermine helps patients lose weight by decreasing appetite and boosting energy.

sold them online 20 years ago

Black beauties do the same thing
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Taking Duramine and its ilk is a very slippery slope. Apart from addiction, you'll now enjoy a vastly increased risk of hypertension, insomnia, heart arrhythmia, tremor, spanking headaches.....

Stay away from it!

Or not.
Last edited by Kung-fu Hillbilly on Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Having an appetite for food is one of the signs that you are alive and well. Enjoy your food and drink, but eat less and eat better.

Most drug habits (amphetamines, speed, meth, coke, heroin etc) and many major illnesses like cancer will supress your appetite, but that's really not recommended by anyone I know.
nerdlinger
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by nerdlinger »

ali baba wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:11 pm I lost my appetite for a week and it was liberating to not think about food or need to buy and prepare 3 meals a day. I'd very much like to repeat that experience.

What appetite suppressants are available in Cambodia? What are the side effects?
Please speak to a doctor about it, do not get medical advice from the internet and *definitely* don’t get medical advice from CEO. Eating is a super important part of staying healthy, and you do not want to go casually into stuff that can lead to various disorders without proper guidance.

Good luck with it. 👍🏻

(Edit: that said, I don’t think it’s too controversial for me to point out that salads take up a lot of space in your stomach for next to no calories…)
GMJS-CEO
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by GMJS-CEO »

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ap ... ppressants

Maybe try the green coffee been extract. They tested all these on the list, be sure to read the “Summary” after each one to see the results.

No idea if/where sold, pick a few from the list and try to locate.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

nerdlinger wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 8:32 pm
ali baba wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:11 pm I lost my appetite for a week and it was liberating to not think about food or need to buy and prepare 3 meals a day. I'd very much like to repeat that experience.

Please speak to a doctor about it, do not get medical advice from the internet and *definitely* don’t get medical advice from CEO. Eating is a super important part of staying healthy, and you do not want to go casually into stuff that can lead to various disorders without proper guidance.

Good luck with it. 👍🏻

(Edit: that said, I don’t think it’s too controversial for me to point out that salads take up a lot of space in your stomach for next to no calories…)
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Switch to a coffee and one meal a day, be surprised how quickly your body gets used to it as opposed to eating 3x per day

I recently did the opposite as I have a goal of 10kg weight gain by eoy
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic