Feeling Lonely? Need a Hug? Book a 'Cuddle Session' in Kampot

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Re: Feeling Lonely? Need a Hug? Book a 'Cuddle Session' in Kampot

Post by Ghostwriter »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:22 pm But why Cambodia?

It’s like Hooters in Phnom Penh or Phuket trying to outcompete with the girly bars, KTV girls, and taxi girls.

There are plenty of professional Khmer girls (and guys) willing to hug (and more) in a non-sexual (or sexual) way for an hour or however long desired. Even all night, too. Or a week or a month straight.

What’s so special about the Denizens of Kampot that makes their one hour hug so much more valuable than anything else?

Please enlighten me.

I just don’t understand.
The unimitable fragrance of sweaty westerners in despair, the acarians stock exchange, the lack of boner ?
Not that any of this has any value, i'm wondering too
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:22 pm But why Cambodia?

It’s like Hooters in Phnom Penh or Phuket trying to outcompete with the girly bars, KTV girls, and taxi girls.

There are plenty of professional Khmer girls (and guys) willing to hug (and more) in a non-sexual (or sexual) way for an hour or however long desired. Even all night, too. Or a week or a month straight.

What’s so special about the Denizens of Kampot that makes their one hour hug so much more valuable than anything else?

Please enlighten me.

I just don’t understand.
Beware…
I often feel that if I were to understand some of the crap that goes on, it might be first step towards their madness.

I do wonder how far the huggin might be allowed to go. Getting the fur all matted up, that sort of thing.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

(My) Opinion: Stop merchandising hugs !
:dm:
The Free Hugs Campaign is a social movement involving individuals who offer hugs to strangers in public places. The hugs are meant to be random acts of kindness—selfless acts performed just to make others feel better.
Free hugs are a thing (for those inclined or in need), but hugs are not supposed to be sold off as merchandise. The whole point is that they are given freely, and this is supposed to be good for both the hugger and the huggee.
So, IMO, people who "sell" hugs are not woke new-age types, they are capitalists. (Nothing wrong with that, but let's not confuse being kind to others with making money out of lonely people.)
Peace all, and free internet hugs to those who want them. :OD:
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:22 pm What’s so special about the Denizens of Kampot that makes their one hour hug so much more valuable than anything else?
If you read the ad it's a professional hugger for a start. She probably studied hugging at Oxford or some Ivy League University or somewhere like that.
Seriously though, it's kind of weird to have a stranger hugging you. That would give me the creeps. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
boofhead
Expatriate
Australia

Post by boofhead »

Image I'm bored. . .
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

Haha. Another cuddle thread. So it's not new, and this one's from Siem Reap ...
general-chatter/cuddle-club-coming-siem ... 19096.html
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 am
newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:22 pm What’s so special about the Denizens of Kampot that makes their one hour hug so much more valuable than anything else?
If you read the ad it's a professional hugger for a start. She probably studied hugging at Oxford or some Ivy League University or somewhere like that.
Seriously though, it's kind of weird to have a stranger hugging you. That would give me the creeps. :?
And then parting with your cash at the end would somewhat spoil the illusion
Spoiler:
like paying a hooker after the deed.
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

newkidontheblock wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:22 pm There are plenty of professional Khmer girls (and guys) willing to hug (and more) in a non-sexual (or sexual) way for an hour or however long desired. Even all night, too. Or a week or a month straight.
Who told you this? It sounds preposterous! :lol:
Silence, exile, and cunning.
ItWasntMe
Expatriate
Ethiopia

Post by ItWasntMe »

John Bingham wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:52 am Seriously though, it's kind of weird to have a stranger hugging you. That would give me the creeps. :?
I feel the same. It's weird cause I see nothing odd about paying for sex but I would feel weird af paying for a cuddle. Which doesn't really make sense but still :pardon:
Money can't buy happiness but it can buy beer
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:48 am Everyday the barangs of Kampot drift further and further from God
Yeah, but it's not all good news for them.

"So trust me you're in terrific hands!"

How about "So trust me you're in terrific arms!"

I would never mock an innovative start-up, giving it a go (and good luck to you). I am simply throwing a suggestion out there for a motto: "You're in (soothing, comforting, hairy, whatever) arms"
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic