Cambodia to allow quarantine-free entry for travellers from Thailand by air

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Re: Cambodia to allow quarantine-free entry for travellers from Thailand by air

Post by phuketrichard »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:16 pm
GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:02 pm Any updates on this supposed quarantine free travel from Thailand as i'd love to get out there before December,

or any updates about this supposed Sihanoukville sandbox scheme as i see no info about both.
Travellers from Thailand are still required to quarantine as per the MoH SOP on Entry & Quarantine requirements, more info here...

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/ca ... 2l1rJfQ6q8

The "Sandbox" scheme is still as clear as mud.
form the linked article==..

.so that when we go to Thailand we will not be required to quarantine and when the Thais come to Cambodia they won’t be required to quarantine either.
Take that to mean Locals not expats or anyone non thai getting in quartainie free , even if the in the future they ( Cambodia) allows this to take place.
and a by note;

Quarantine free travel
it will happen when just showing you have been vaccinated is enough to go somewhere without a pre negative test, arrival test, insurance and even 1 night locked up is needed
cant see that till Feb/march at the earliest.

as to this; "“So then we could start flying tourists over from Thailand to visit Cambodia when we already have the principle established and one visa can cover both countries,” he said."
wont ever ever happen as long as one can go visa exempt for 30 days to Thailand yet one needs pay for any length of stay in Cambodia
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Singapore Slinger
Expatriate
Singapore

Re: Cambodia to allow quarantine-free entry for travellers from Thailand by air

Post by Singapore Slinger »

Tommie wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:02 pm
nemo wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:20 pm a faulty auto translation HE just released
Samdech HE, Cambodian Prime Minister
20 m ·
Then will continue to open in Siem Reap, next January 2022 in the suitcase of Vaccines programs that allow international tourists to stay and visit the area or tourists for 5 days without having to do the hotel lesbians.
Maybe a 5 day sandbox arrangement?
What are we supposed to do/ not do with the hotel lesbians?

I am unsure how to interpret this as I am not a native English speaker.
I am all for doing the hotel lesbians is this an opt in or opt out thing?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic