Cambodia to allow quarantine-free entry for travellers from Thailand by air

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cambodia to allow quarantine-free entry for travellers from Thailand by air

Post by nemo »

For PRC citizens obviously given the entry ports.
Pseudonomdeplume
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pseudonomdeplume »

TWY wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:31 pm If I understand Thailand's new requirements, a trip to Thailand would still include 5-6 tests and one night in Thailand waiting for testing results (assuming Cambodia would remove quarantine requirements for incoming travelers but still require testing).

So prior to leaving we'd need to get PCR test.

Arriving in Thailand would get PCR test.

6 days later get either PCR test or rapid test at approved spots.

Within 72 hours of coming back to Cambodia need PCR test.

Upon arrival get PCR test.

7 or 13 days later get another PCR test?

For a family of four that is a lot of money and effort just for testing. My wife and I discussed last night and we agreed we're waiting to see if some of the testing nonsense goes away in another 3-4 months before thinking of travelling for a vacation.
Sorry. So, they are giving you more freedom but you have to keep in touch (with tests)? No, or reduced, managed quarantine? Are the tests expensive? because quarantine is. Maybe they want to get you spending sooner. Did I say maybe(sic)?
Scent from Dan's Durians & Perfumierie
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

Anyone have any updates on when these supposed flights will be available to purchase, thanks
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Only group tours flying into SV.
In today's Khmer Times.
Can't imagine they will get many RT Chinese unless they count Dara Sakor as quarantine for the return.
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

If prices for Koh Rong are reasonable I am definitely down to go. I love that Island and 5-6 days there would be a pleasant break from winter.

Let's wait and see how this story develops.
ArminLaschet
Tourist
Germany

Post by ArminLaschet »

nemo wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:44 pm Only group tours flying into SV.
In today's Khmer Times.
Can't imagine they will get many RT Chinese unless they count Dara Sakor as quarantine for the return.
I believe the chinese government still doesn't currently allow their citizens to leave the country. No new passports are issued. How would any chinese people even come to Cambodia?
:tophat:
jaynewcastle
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by jaynewcastle »

Uncle-V wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:55 pm If prices for Koh Rong are reasonable I am definitely down to go. I love that Island and 5-6 days there would be a pleasant break from winter.

Let's wait and see how this story develops.
I hope you get there.

Always wondering how things are on the island, and how much further development there has been in the last few years since my last visit in 2018
Uncle-V
Expatriate
Croatia

Post by Uncle-V »

I was there during the height of the pandemic in march 2020. It was amazing, though probably much less busy than usual - though that is a good thing in y book.
GarfieldsLasagna
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by GarfieldsLasagna »

Any updates on this supposed quarantine free travel from Thailand as i'd love to get out there before December,

or any updates about this supposed Sihanoukville sandbox scheme as i see no info about both.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

GarfieldsLasagna wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:02 pm Any updates on this supposed quarantine free travel from Thailand as i'd love to get out there before December,

or any updates about this supposed Sihanoukville sandbox scheme as i see no info about both.
Travellers from Thailand are still required to quarantine as per the MoH SOP on Entry & Quarantine requirements, more info here...

https://m.phnompenhpost.com/national/ca ... 2l1rJfQ6q8

The "Sandbox" scheme is still as clear as mud.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic