American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Cambodia news in English! Here you'll find all the breaking news from Cambodia translated into English for our international readership and expat community to read and comment on. The majority of our news stories are gathered from the local Khmer newspapers, but we also bring you newsworthy media from Cambodia before you read them anywhere else. Because of the huge population of the capital city, most articles are from Phnom Penh, but Siem Reap, Sihanoukville, and Kampot often make the headlines as well. We report on all arrests and deaths of foreigners in Cambodia, and the details often come from the Cambodian police or local Khmer journalists. As an ASEAN news outlet, we also publish regional news and events from our neighboring countries. We also share local Khmer news stories that you won't find in English anywhere else. If you're looking for a certain article, you may use our site's search feature to find it quickly.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (Owner of The Cove) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Darkcel »

anka wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 11:47 am
Darkcel wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:46 am The man in the white T-Shirt who is threatening to have her beaten up is Joel Shipsides, owner of The Vine and "investor" (whatever the fuck that means here, paid for someone's visa I guess) in the cove. He like Michael, has also been known for his shady business dealings.

Who knew the hospitality sector here was riddled with shady white fellas? Color me surprised
Darkcel wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 2:45 pm We currently live in the boonies so it's just Khmer food and the occasional Pho if we make the 20 minute drive.

Wife's parents house is 5 minute walk from bkk market so I have that going for me when we make the visit. This post really made me want a burger from The Vine right about now...
Interesting assertions here.

It's also weird that you enjoy eating the guy's food but you're not averse to spreading rumors about him. I find it very hard to believe that he is known for any "shady business dealings" that you fail to identify. He and his girlfriend seem pretty successful on their own merits and hard work.

Do you make a habit of copping gratification off of people and turning around and spreading bullshit about them online? I bet you do.
Beautifully said Jenny, but for a more "in the know" example.

What I'm saying is like someone who hates trans people but can still sit down at the end of the day and enjoy a bud light, it'd be nice if you also could some similar things.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Doc67 »

Well, that was quick. "anka" got banned on the day he/she/it joined. Is that a record?

I assume it was a sock of a well-known sock master?
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Re: American MICHAEL BERG (AmCham Board Member) Caught on Video Allegedly Trying to Bribe Police in Cambodia

Post by Darkcel »

Doc67 wrote: Fri May 05, 2023 1:45 pm Well, that was quick. "anka" got banned on the day he/she/it joined. Is that a record?

I assume it was a sock of a well-known sock master?
It's Jenny, with her stupid Anankastic nonsense again. Or someone pretending to be her, I'm floating towards it being her.
oldfatbarang
Expatriate

Post by oldfatbarang »

I have not seen any of the places where I eat here in Florida require proof of covid vaccination and will not return to Cambodia if they have such a requirement.I will never eat in an establishment that places a higher value a political agenda than on the customer.However I think that every adult that lives in Cambodia has passed a bribe to a Cambodian police officer unless they have enough political influence to avoid having to do that.
Cooldude
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Cooldude »

I think that every adult that lives in Cambodia has passed a bribe to a Cambodian police officer unless they have enough political influence to avoid having to do that.

Been here 21 years with no political influence and never had to bribe anyone.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

Are you talking about bribes to avoid the vaccine ?
I been here since 11/11 / 11.
I don’t consider getting the cops a case of beer in sihanoukville a bribe on top of the $1 they used to fine me for not
wearing a helmet a bribe , it was always just a tip .
They loved me .
I never been asked anywhere here for proof of vaccination but I shirley never got any
of that chinese hocus pocus

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
John Bingham
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by John Bingham »

oldfatbarang wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:43 pm I have not seen any of the places where I eat here in Florida require proof of covid vaccination and will not return to Cambodia if they have such a requirement.I will never eat in an establishment that places a higher value a political agenda than on the customer.However I think that every adult that lives in Cambodia has passed a bribe to a Cambodian police officer unless they have enough political influence to avoid having to do that.
Hi Florida man, I'm not sure how to break this to you, but it's 2023 now and things have changed.

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 am Are you talking about bribes to avoid the vaccine ?
I don’t consider getting the cops a case of beer in sihanoukville a bribe on top of the $1 they used to fine me for not
They loved me .
I never been asked anywhere here for proof of vaccination but I shirley never got any
Yes, well I'm not sure your medical opinions count for much considering you told us numerous times about being a serial raw-dogger of AIDS-infected hookers. :?
Silence, exile, and cunning.
pissontheroof
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by pissontheroof »

John Bingham wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 3:46 pm
oldfatbarang wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:43 pm I have not seen any of the places where I eat here in Florida require proof of covid vaccination and will not return to Cambodia if they have such a requirement.I will never eat in an establishment that places a higher value a political agenda than on the customer.However I think that every adult that lives in Cambodia has passed a bribe to a Cambodian police officer unless they have enough political influence to avoid having to do that.
Hi Florida man, I'm not sure how to break this to you, but it's 2023 now and things have changed.

pissontheroof wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 11:49 am Are you talking about bribes to avoid the vaccine ?
They loved me .
Yes, well I'm not sure your medical opinions count for much considering you told us numerous times about being a serial raw-dogger of AIDS-infected hookers. :?
Jeepers creepers .
I guess you didn’t hear numerous times they don’t make condums in my size
& i came here with expecting to die approximately within a year or so ..
Afterwards i heard boys can’t catch aids from a girl very easily , it’s a gay disease
And not hookers , it was one girl i really liked. I visited her a day before she died in the american 🇺🇸 hospital kampong Cham where she was from. , once i asked her if she wanted a tattoo. She didn’t have any , we both knew we were goners anyway
I thought maybe a heart or a. Butterfly. But no she wanted the same as me ( mine )
So ya should email me to see it I didn’t think we would have an accident , out of my 5 kids the only little girl
Too cute too , like all my kids and the place where she got her medicine needed babies to expirament with .anyway .

Shsit .

พิซออนเดอรูฟ ®
orichá
Expatriate
Canada

Post by orichá »

Pardon me, but just a general observation...

It never ceases to amaze me how GOSSIP over other people's malapropism, malfeasance, mistakes and misdemeanors can occupy so much thread/headspace...

It's plebian, tedious, dull and leads to no growth, insight or knowledge of any kind . . .

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people” ... is a quote often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt...

Yawn... y'all got fuck all to say, hahaha...
~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~
“There are terrible difficulties in the notion of probability, but we may ignore them at present.” - Bertrand Russell
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

orichá wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:48 pm Pardon me, but just a general observation...

It never ceases to amaze me how GOSSIP over other people's malapropism, malfeasance, mistakes and misdemeanors can occupy so much thread/headspace...

It's plebian, tedious, dull and leads to no growth, insight or knowledge of any kind . . .

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people” ... is a quote often attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt...

Yawn... y'all got fuck all to say, hahaha...
And that is why you bothered to reply, right! :tard:
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic