Have you spent more or less this last year? (Poll)

This is where our community discusses almost anything! While we're mainly a Cambodia expat discussion forum and talk about expat life here, we debate about almost everything. Even if you're a tourist passing through Southeast Asia and want to connect with expatriates living and working in Cambodia, this is the first section of our site that you should check out. Our members start their own discussions or post links to other blogs and/or news articles they find interesting and want to chat about. So join in the fun and start new topics, or feel free to comment on anything our community members have already started! We also have some Khmer members here as well, but English is the main language used on CEO. You're welcome to have a look around, and if you decide you want to participate, you can become a part our international expat community by signing up for a free account.

Haver you spent more or less money this past year?

More.
19%
Less.
54%
Same.
23%
No idea.
4%

Total votes: 52
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Have you spent more or less this last year? (Poll)

Post by Yerg »

atst wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 5:07 pm A hell of a lot less No 2* month trip's to Aus to see kids and mate's ,No 2*2 weeks Pattaya holiday, have spent first 5 months this year in kep/Kampot doing stuff all then last 5 months at home with mother and haven't left the house except for groceries once every two weeks, so much for living your twilight years going out with a bang at the moment it's one big fizzle.
Yep may have saved a bit but lost heaps more time living.
Pretty much the same. The closed pubs saved me a fortune over the last 18 months or so. I would normally visit at least three times a week, so the beer saving did both my wallet and my liver a ton of good. Like nerdlinger, some of the savings were offset against multi-buy deals drying up and the weekly shop bills went up. Saved a ton in petrol as I wasn't driving anywhere near as much, but that too has been offset by the recent rises in the price of petrol. All that said, it will be at least another 6 months before we need to buy any more toilet rolls, so there is a silver lining... Overall, I have more money in the bank than I would have done had life been "normal". I don't anticipate any significant travel until next summer as I can't be arsed with all the faffing about with testing and quarantines etc. I've gone this long without a good holiday, a few more months aren't going to hurt...
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

For me: same crappy budget, same crappy result. I should have bought bitcoin.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Spent less, made less cash, have more assets, go figure
Cowshed Cowboy
Expatriate
Thailand

Post by Cowshed Cowboy »

Same, my monthly leisure budget which is normally beer and travel I spent on clothes, ( discovered the Japanese chain Uniglo and won't bother with anywhere else now, great value shop ), and used cameras, some unbelievable bargains. Got everything I need now, so with internal travel opening up 1st November I plan to take advantage of cheap hotel prices and spend a week a month in Bangkok exploring with the camera.
Yes sir, I can boogie, I can boogie, boogie, boogie all night long.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

Cowshed Cowboy wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:37 pm Same, my monthly leisure budget which is normally beer and travel I spent on clothes, ( discovered the Japanese chain Uniglo and won't bother with anywhere else now, great value shop ), and used cameras, some unbelievable bargains. Got everything I need now, so with internal travel opening up 1st November I plan to take advantage of cheap hotel prices and spend a week a month in Bangkok exploring with the camera.
I have Airbnb and AirAsia credit from a thwarted trip last year, so that's a bonus. I'd forgotten until the latter sent me a update email recently.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

tons more;
but i'm building a house/home
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

No travels saved me about >20k. Build a house instead which hopefully will make money after this covid mess.

Bitte_Kein_Lexus
Expatriate

Post by Bitte_Kein_Lexus »

Spent less for sure. Maybe ~15% less. Mostly due to not travelling abroad, but I also tried to reduce my spending on purpose.
Ex Bitteeinbit/LexusSchmexus
Kung-fu Hillbilly
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Kung-fu Hillbilly »

Kammekor wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:13 pm
Are you expecting Freightdog?
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

Kung-fu Hillbilly wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:36 pm
Kammekor wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:13 pm
Are you expecting Freightdog?
Location isn't for everyone....

13.7124623, 106.9773350
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic