The IVY LOUNGE

This is the part of the forum where we discuss Cambodia's nightlife! While most bars, nightclubs, pubs, beer gardens, and hostess bars are in Phnom Penh, we discuss the Cambodian nightlife across all of Cambodia, including Siem Reap, Kampot, and Sihanoukville. The main nightlife areas in Phnom Penh are on Street 136, Street 130, Street 110 and Street 51, but there are other party spots that aren't girlie bars where expats, tourists, and locals drink until the sun comes up. Feel free to post specials and promotions that relate to nighttime fun!
Rossco180
Expatriate
France

The IVY LOUNGE

Post by Rossco180 »

Spigzy
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: The IVY LOUNGE

Post by Spigzy »

"their" not "there" :facepalm:
Meum est propositum in taberna mori,
ut sint Guinness proxima morientis ori.
tunc cantabunt letius angelorum chori:
"Sit Deus propitius huic potatori."
Ghostwriter
Expatriate
France

Post by Ghostwriter »

Shouldn't it be "Men are welcome" instead of "welcome to observe" ? Sounds like watching without being allowed to make contact, who wants to pay the drinks for staring at people ?

On the other hand, "men are welcome to come" sounds too explicit.
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Spigzy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 10:40 pm "their" not "there" :facepalm:
Ladies not lady’s

…. Women would be better
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

It's immaterial really if the guys have to pay for their own drink, I suppose not paying for the lady drink is the biggest saving overall, then again I too am not reading this offer clearly, also it may give false security on one prospective spending powers. So ladies get free drinks! I wonder how many guys would take a lady along from another lady bar. Or even take along his wife or girlfriend, either way it's going to be a fun night out with a few free drinks thrown in.
Good luck with your new establishment, I for one wish you all the best.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

Post by jah steu »

AndyKK wrote:It's immaterial really if the guys have to pay for their own drink, I suppose not paying for the lady drink is the biggest saving overall, then again I too am not reading this offer clearly, also it may give false security on one prospective spending powers. So ladies get free drinks! I wonder how many guys would take a lady along from another lady bar. Or even take along his wife or girlfriend, either way it's going to be a fun night out with a few free drinks thrown in.
Good luck with your new establishment, I for one wish you all the best.
It’s a different situation to a hostess bar.
The girls in the bar drinking free may or may not be on the lookout for guys. They may just be customers rather than freelancers. They won’t be getting any commission on their drinks so the only incentive they have for sitting with the guys is if they want to leave with them later to do ‘whatever’.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Yerg
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Yerg »

Grammar and spelling Nazis. More important than a business trying to set up where English isn’t the first language. Classy. Leave them alone and let them try they’re beast. Their reeeely only trying to attract anywun hoo mite be prepared to spend a few $$$
violet
Expatriate

Post by violet »

Yerg wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:21 am Grammar and spelling Nazis. More important than a business trying to set up where English isn’t the first language. Classy. Leave them alone and let them try they’re beast. Their reeeely only trying to attract anywun hoo mite be prepared to spend a few $$$
Which is worse? Correcting some errors, or accussing a native English speaker of not having English as their first language?
Despite what angsta states, it’s clear from reading through his posts that angsta supports the free FreePalestine movement.
rozzieoz
Expatriate
Australia

Post by rozzieoz »

Do Western women get free drinks too?
Once you've read the dictionary, every other book is just a remix.
jah steu
Expatriate
Australia

The IVY LOUNGE

Post by jah steu »

rozzieoz wrote:Do Western women get free drinks too?
I assume so. The promotion doesn’t have any asterisks or fine print stating that the free drink offer only applies to Khmer women in short skirts.
My only concern is that technically bars are still officially closed until at least the 28th and indeed the police have been making their presence felt in the bar areas in the last few days. Could be a wild opening night in more ways than one. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from embedded sub-cutaneous iPhone 9 using Tapatalk.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic