FAKE NEWS: "CDC: PCR tests are recalled as unreliable"

If you have something so weird, strange or off-topic to post and think it doesn't belong in any other forum; you're probably right. Please put all your gormless, half-baked, inane, glaikit ideas in here. This might also be a place where we throw threads that appear elsewhere that don't belong ANYWHERE end up, instead of having to flush them. FORUM RULES STILL APPLY.
Multipox
Expatriate
Andorra

FAKE NEWS: "CDC: PCR tests are recalled as unreliable"

Post by Multipox »

When I need advice about life, I just check in here.
LoukBongThom
Expatriate
United States of America

Re: "CDC: PCR tests are recalled as unreliable"

Post by LoukBongThom »

CDC website below never uses the word "recall" or calls the current Real Time PCR test (RT-PCR) a scam or fraud like the Athens News report. Instead, CDC says they discontinue the distribution of RT-PCR because they came up with a new and better test called CDC Influenza SARS-CoV-2 (Flu SC2) Multiplex Assay, which allows testing for influenza A, influenza B and Covid-19 in the same test, and with high thru-put.

CDC also never says current RT-PCR test unreliable either. In fact, they said the RT-PRC test accurate and "still perform very well". Going forward, they designate RT-PCR test for laboratory use only.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... sting.html
Last edited by LoukBongThom on Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Username Taken
Raven
Cambodia

Post by Username Taken »

Usually when you take a line of text from an article then google search that text, it will return dozens of results.

I did that with the following line of text and only got one result. That being the article quoted by the OP.
“The use of PCR tests to diagnose covid disease is a global scientific fraud"

Another line of text from the quoted article can be found at the bottom of the article, thus "The opinion of the author of the publication may not coincide with the opinion of the editorial board". (I didn't bother to google that one).

May have been better to have posted this one https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021 ... ing_1.html
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

Time to rename the thread.

fake news
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

Yes please. Delete this bullshit and the other bullshit conspiracy posts.
General Mackevili
The General
United States of America

Re: FAKE NEWS: "CDC: PCR tests are recalled as unreliable"

Post by General Mackevili »

Fact check: False.

I don't think you can find a good source showing they recalled it.

Maybe your thinking of this recall, for another Covid-19 test, which the CDC does say was recalled. It's those rapid antigen tests:

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021 ... _Test.html

Here's an interesting article by the New York Times about how 'helpful' some scientists think the PCR tests are:

Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

The usual diagnostic tests may simply be too sensitive and too slow to contain the spread of the virus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/29/heal ... sting.html
"Life is too important to take seriously."

"Life does not cease to be funny when people die any more than it ceases to be serious when people laugh."

Have a story or an anonymous news tip for CEO? Need advertising? CONTACT ME

Cambodia Expats Online is the most popular community in the country. JOIN TODAY

Follow CEO on social media:

Facebook
Twitter
YouTube
Google+
Instagram
Khmerican
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Khmerican »

How about this from the US National Center for Biotechnology Information/US National Library of Medicine/National Institute of Health webpage:
Study design

A total of 1639 nasopharyngeal swabs (NPS) were analyzed with Xpert® Xpress SARS-CoV-2. Positive samples showing high Ct values (Ct>35) were concentrated by centrifugation and re-tested with Cepheid or other methods (RealStar SARS-CoV2 RT-PCR, Altona Diagnostics; GeneFinder COVID-19 Plus RealAmp Kit, Elitech).

Results

1599 (97.5%) negative samples, 36 (2.3%) positive samples and 4 (0.2%) presumptive positive samples were detected. In 17 out of 36 positive patients, very low viral RNA copies were suspected since positivity was detected at high Ct. We confirmed positivity for patients who showed both E and N genes detected and for patients with only N detected but with Ct <39. On the contrary, samples with only gene N detected with Ct values >39 were found negative. NPS taken 24 hours after the first collection confirmed the negativity of the 12 samples. Clinical data sustained these results since only 2 of these 12 patients showed COVID-19-like symptoms.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7553900/

After having tested positive on July 1 and then negative on July 10 (with 2 negative antigen tests in between), I tested positive again on July 22 at Pasteur Institute on July 22, using Xpert Xpress SARS-CoV-2 and with a Ct-value: 37,8. I sent this article to Pasteur and to the COVID Subcommittee and pleaded my case, but to no avail. I had to quarantine another 14 days before I was allowed to test again at Pasteur, and I am happy to say that by then, they had switched to E/N - RdRP gene assays, RT-qPCR, Cobas z480/Roche Diagnostics.
ofparadise
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by ofparadise »

Thankfully the OP added "fake news" to the title.

"Unreliable" is an opinion.

"Efficacy" is a metric.

I hope people follow metrics vs opinions.

"Idiocy" however is a condition.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

That wasn't the OP. Admin edited the title to make it accurate.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

another office of misinformation wrote: About us
Welcome to the Athens News Internet portal . You have come to the largest and probably the most famous Russian-language site in Greece and this is not empty bragging, but information confirmed by real facts. It is not for nothing that in October 2013 and May 2014, according to the results of the international competition of sites ” RUSSIAN FOREIGN “ , our site twice received the first place in the nomination: “Information and reference sites “ . And this is not in Greece, but all over the world! In addition, in 2016, our site became a laureate of the ” Golden Pen of Russia ” competition .
From the Greek news site, which is not exactly Greek, although their native alphabets have some striking similarities. Resting on their laurels of how good they purportedly were, 7-8 years ago!

It's bad enough that COVID and all the attendant intrusion that goes with it has taken over our daily lives, to the extent that you cannot even login to a bookmarked website, or forum without meeting some reminder or dialogue on the matter; then, we have to have fake news and regurgitated half truths and misunderstandings attempting to fill in the spaces.

Cheers, multipox. Your contribution remains underappreciated.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic