Cooked Breakfast

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Cooked Breakfast

Post by Gazzy »

Still trying to find that elusive, excellent full English. I'm talking good sausages, real bacon, mushrooms, nicely cooked eggs, toast and great coffee. I'll pay $10. St.172 isn't really happening now, Rising Sun doesn't cut it, Box office is never open, La Croisset, nah. The Pub, too basic. Suggestions please folks.
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Re: Cooked Breakfast

Post by mannanman »

Barry’s, or is it Garry’s on riverside? They do specials was a green sign now black?
Anyway, they do a great brekkie.

(Black Signs Matter)
People of the world, spice up your life.
FrankReynolds
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by FrankReynolds »

The kraken from that place in Ttp called Amnesia or something. But it's 11 bucks I think.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Gazzy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:13 am Still trying to find that elusive, excellent full English. I'm talking good sausages, real bacon, mushrooms, nicely cooked eggs, toast and great coffee. I'll pay $10. St.172 isn't really happening now, Rising Sun doesn't cut it, Box office is never open, La Croisset, nah. The Pub, too basic. Suggestions please folks.
Gazzy, Jamie Lambo did a thread on the subject not too long back. Full English like other foods in Phnom Penh seems to be hit or miss, with the latter mainly, good luck to you Sir. :beer3:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
canucklhead
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by canucklhead »

Harrys
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

Shenanigans was my favorite 2 years ago, but dont know "how open" they are at the moment, they had half and full breakfast, and a full-one was even for me more then enough, and i am a big eater, my name onhere is not stolen !! Ask Rozzie !!
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Yes hit and miss alright. The one's on st.172 are ok within a certain budget, more quantity than quality. Larry's is for the American folks, certainly not my taste. Shenanigans was ok, but seems to have gone. Haven't tried LoneStar. Went to Harry's, $6.50, plus $2.50 for coffee. Small rasher of bacon and only 1 sausage. Quality though was good. The search continues.
Arget
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Arget »

Sony on 172. Good food reasoable price.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

Does Digbys do a full English? Their food is never a miss and not that costly