Cooked Breakfast

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Re: Cooked Breakfast

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:07 am
Captain Bonez wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:04 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:27 pm Too be fare, its so easy to make the breakfast yourself, being what it is (a fry up) only one pan is needed. I find Strokesys Meat Street 444 TTP is good for the meat products, only thing I have struggled over the past is getting the black pudding, and that is the one ingredient that makes a full English breakfast to me.
Agreed. All you have to do is order some Jimmy Deans and back bacon delivered to your door from strokesys. Grab a can of beans, loaf of bread, and carton of eggs, and you have English fry up for cheap for days on end.
Is the back bacon any good? And what are Jimmy Deans?
Take a look at the shop

https://maps.app.goo.gl/zwxmhPLhbn2VfW9V6

Back bacon is good, sausages are too, with different veriaties on sale.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Called at Strokesys this evening I bought sausage (Cumberland) streaky Bacon and some very nice cocked ham, had no back Bacon. It's also very handy for my partner to get food from TTP market area, that is normal when we are in the area. Then I called at Aminesa, it was quite busy, but worth not taking no notice of the times of the place from Google maps or Facebook, it's open from 8am till 10pm and they say they serve Breakfast all day.
Anyway I ended up at Emaan's for a Beef Palak takeaway.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

So, finally made it to Amnasia. Bit of a disaster. We were greeted by 3 slightly aggressive barking dogs. My partner refused to go inside and left. The waitress kind of calmed then down but one continued growling throughout. To make matters worse, a couple turned up with 2 more dogs. Chaos ensued, all while I'm eating. Seriously?
The food itself was above average but the experience was crap and pretty unhygienic.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I went over to The Rising Sun on 178 Street, I confess that I have a soft spot for the place.

I knew I could only manage the half breakfast, and it was enjoyable.

Another place to check out -
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Gazzy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:48 am So, finally made it to Amnasia. Bit of a disaster. We were greeted by 3 slightly aggressive barking dogs. My partner refused to go inside and left. The waitress kind of calmed then down but one continued growling throughout. To make matters worse, a couple turned up with 2 more dogs. Chaos ensued, all while I'm eating. Seriously?
The food itself was above average but the experience was crap and pretty unhygienic.
Were the 3 dogs owned by the restaurant?
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

AndyKK wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:44 am I went over to The Rising Sun on 178 Street, I confess that I have a soft spot for the place.

The half breakfast looks ok, was that what you had?

That place is very close to me, I might check it out.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:21 am
AndyKK wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:44 am I went over to The Rising Sun on 178 Street, I confess that I have a soft spot for the place.

The half breakfast looks ok, was that what you had?

That place is very close to me, I might check it out.
Yes, I had just been for the vaccine and felt a little peckish, I had no wait for my jab too, although there would have been 200 people waiting so l don't know we're the numbers vaccinated come from.
I only had the half breakfast, but it comes with toast and good coffee. But unfortunately no black pudding. Then again I could not get any from Strokesys Meat the other day. That is the one thing lately I miss with a breakfast fry up. :D
Sheepdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Sheepdog »

Finding a decent fry up out here is hard work.. there's always something just not quite right or a missing item leaving me think the same thing a few others have posted. I could do it better myself. The only time I'll eat breakfast out is if there's a UFC or something starting early and I'm out for a session. I'm less fussy after a few beers when you just need something to line the stomach.

For those of you who mentioned black pudding, check out Folk Foods on Facebook, it's probably the best I've had out here. It's not as good as the real deal back home, but for $7 for half a kilo delivered to your door, it does the job. They do nice fresh muffins also.

Strokesy's or Koh Kong Sausage, both based in TTP are grand options for sausages and bacon.

I usually find the toast in breakfast joints to be usually abysmal, either too cold already, hard as a rock or both.

You can't make a decent bacon n egg sandwich without some quality bread. And if you fuck it up when toasting it at home at least you can load the toaster and try again.

Also if you are a fat bastard like me, there is a pleasant satisfaction to be had in the fact no one is there to witness your gluttonous grin with your double chin dripping egg yoke after demolishing a breakfast three times the size you would have got had you have have went out.

And there's more left in the fridge for tomorrow. 😆
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Doc67 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:19 am
Gazzy wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:48 am So, finally made it to Amnasia. Bit of a disaster. We were greeted by 3 slightly aggressive barking dogs. My partner refused to go inside and left. The waitress kind of calmed then down but one continued growling throughout. To make matters worse, a couple turned up with 2 more dogs. Chaos ensued, all while I'm eating. Seriously?
Yes sir.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Gazzy wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:30 am
Doc67 wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:19 am
Yes sir.
I was going to make a trek over there, but now I won't bother. That's for the info.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic