Cooked Breakfast

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Lost50
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Cooked Breakfast

Post by Lost50 »

Freebird always has good breakfasts, pretty sure one could be customised to become a full English.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Too be fare, its so easy to make the breakfast yourself, being what it is (a fry up) only one pan is needed. I find Strokesys Meat Street 444 TTP is good for the meat products, only thing I have struggled over the past is getting the black pudding, and that is the one ingredient that makes a full English breakfast to me.
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

AndyKK wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:27 pm Too be fare, its so easy to make the breakfast yourself, being what it is (a fry up) only one pan is needed. I find Strokesys Meat Street 444 TTP is good for the meat products, only thing I have struggled over the past is getting the black pudding, and that is the one ingredient that makes a full English breakfast to me.
Agreed. All you have to do is order some Jimmy Deans and back bacon delivered to your door from strokesys. Grab a can of beans, loaf of bread, and carton of eggs, and you have English fry up for cheap for days on end.
If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Jerry Atrick wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:37 pm
Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:45 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:12 am Shenanigans was my favorite 2 years ago, but dont know "how open" they are at the moment, they had half and full breakfast, and a full-one was even for me more then enough, and i am a big eater, my name onhere is not stolen !! Ask Rozzie !!
Shenanigans is closed for good.

Harry's does a decent breakfast, but for the real deal you have to go to England. There are no consistently good sausages here , they are always hit or miss. As for bacon, forget it.

The last place that came close was Molly Malones on 136. They made their own bacon, sausages and black and white pudding. They let themselves down in the cooking of it though. Alas, they have bitten the dust too.
I'd definitely check Amnasia for the closest to an English brekky going in PP imo

Ofc, I'm not English, but not a million miles away anyhow
You might be onto something here. I might check it out next weekend and report back.

Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Captain Bonez wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:04 am
AndyKK wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:27 pm Too be fare, its so easy to make the breakfast yourself, being what it is (a fry up) only one pan is needed. I find Strokesys Meat Street 444 TTP is good for the meat products, only thing I have struggled over the past is getting the black pudding, and that is the one ingredient that makes a full English breakfast to me.
Agreed. All you have to do is order some Jimmy Deans and back bacon delivered to your door from strokesys. Grab a can of beans, loaf of bread, and carton of eggs, and you have English fry up for cheap for days on end.
Is the back bacon any good? And what are Jimmy Deans?
davidcraven
Tourist

Post by davidcraven »

Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:39 pm Does Digbys do a full English? Their food is never a miss and not that costly
where is digbys ?
davidcraven
Tourist

Post by davidcraven »

what is paddy rice now known as ?
davidcraven
Tourist

Post by davidcraven »

Not sure if its open but the spice cafe st 111 near the skypark hotel / reasonable priced food / good coffee !
Captain Bonez
Baked
Nigeria

Post by Captain Bonez »

Doc67 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:07 amIs the back bacon any good? And what are Jimmy Deans?
The back bacon is pretty decent, i trim the fat a bit before cooking though. Jimmy Deans are a pork sausage with some salt, pepper, sage, red pepper, and a little bit of spice, i think. He does a plain breakfast sausage too which i usually like, but the jimmy deans are fun. His pies he gets in, the sausages he makes, lamb chops etc are all worthy IMO :thumb:

If you enjoy noise pollution and obnoxious driving practices, Phnom Penh is the place for you!

This.
Darkcel
Expatriate
Angola

Post by Darkcel »

davidcraven wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:20 am
Darkcel wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:39 pm Does Digbys do a full English? Their food is never a miss and not that costly
where is digbys ?
St63 bkk1, definitely a place people should check out at least once
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic