Cooked Breakfast

Discussions about restaurants, cafes, coffee shops or bars in Cambodia. Feel free to write any reviews you have, whether its the best burger you've had in Phnom Penh or the worse pizza in Kampot, we want to read it! Discussions about Khmer dishes are also in here, or you can leave your own. If you own a restaurant, feel free to let the expat community know about it here so that we can come check it out. Found a favorite cafe or have a place we should avoid? Tell us about it. Asian recipes & questions are always welcome.
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Re: Cooked Breakfast

Post by Gazzy »

Amnasia you say? I'm hearing good things.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Gazzy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 5:37 pm Amnasia you say? I'm hearing good things.
I looked at the place on google maps, English breakfast looks gooooood, think I go. :evil:
Always "hope" but never "expect".
Gazzy
Expatriate
South Africa

Post by Gazzy »

Yeah Andy, I'm with you on this. The reason I've stuck with riverside restaurants and that area is close proximity to work. Unfortunately they haven't moved with the times and it's more about them rather than the customers needs. TTP is the place now for foodies and generally decent bars.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

Gazzy wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:20 am Yeah Andy, I'm with you on this. The reason I've stuck with riverside restaurants and that area is close proximity to work. Unfortunately they haven't moved with the times and it's more about them rather than the customers needs. TTP is the place now for foodies and generally decent bars.
TTP has been like that for sometime, but more so, and the difference. Yes, both areas TTP and Riverside need customers, but Riverside relied more on tourism, while TTP mainly has it's working expat community.
truffledog
Expatriate
Italy

Post by truffledog »

Arget wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:06 pm Sony on 172. Good food reasoable price.
very good place indeed
work is for people who cant find truffles
Doc67
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by Doc67 »

Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:12 am Shenanigans was my favorite 2 years ago, but dont know "how open" they are at the moment, they had half and full breakfast, and a full-one was even for me more then enough, and i am a big eater, my name onhere is not stolen !! Ask Rozzie !!
Shenanigans is closed for good.

Harry's does a decent breakfast, but for the real deal you have to go to England. There are no consistently good sausages here , they are always hit or miss. As for bacon, forget it.

The last place that came close was Molly Malones on 136. They made their own bacon, sausages and black and white pudding. They let themselves down in the cooking of it though. Alas, they have bitten the dust too.
nemo
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by nemo »

South African owned Super Meats in TTP has great sausages and both streaky and back bacon if you want to cook at home.
They have a worthwhile BBQ on Saturdays.
Jerry Atrick
Expatriate
Central African Republic

Post by Jerry Atrick »

Doc67 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:45 pm
Bongmab69 wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 10:12 am Shenanigans was my favorite 2 years ago, but dont know "how open" they are at the moment, they had half and full breakfast, and a full-one was even for me more then enough, and i am a big eater, my name onhere is not stolen !! Ask Rozzie !!
Shenanigans is closed for good.

Harry's does a decent breakfast, but for the real deal you have to go to England. There are no consistently good sausages here , they are always hit or miss. As for bacon, forget it.

The last place that came close was Molly Malones on 136. They made their own bacon, sausages and black and white pudding. They let themselves down in the cooking of it though. Alas, they have bitten the dust too.
I'd definitely check Amnasia for the closest to an English brekky going in PP imo

Ofc, I'm not English, but not a million miles away anyhow
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

I believe in Jerry's choice, Amnasia, after looking it up on Google maps. But unfortunately haven't got there for now.
Thought I would give this place a go tool, although not the full English breakfast. But well worth a mention, Cafa De La Vie, for Egg Benedict.
Half portion in the photo. Like the minniture working clothes peg on the site of my plate.
Price $4.75 via food panda delivery.
AndyKK
Expatriate
Great Britain

Post by AndyKK »

The Egg Benedict served this evening, it's second helping with chips, blue cheese and ham. So nice.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic