Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Re: Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Post by Kammekor »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:31 pm
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 3:20 pm
Freightdog wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:00 am Kettles.
Regarding the new new normal, of quarantine and visas. Unless I'm mistaken, quarantine location is still assigned by the authorities, unless you have pre-booked. Is this not the case?
ASQ Booking is required if applying for an e-Visa. If coming with a VAPG (Guarantee) Certificate, the guarantor is required to pre-book the ASQ Hotel for the invitee.

Other foreigners have the option of either a) Pre-booked ASQ hotel, no deposit on arrival, or b) Pay deposit on arrival and ride the mystery bus to the hotel allocated to your flight by the MoH

Reference Kettles...every review I have read of the Quarantine hotels being used in Cambodia has a kettle
-

Not to talk in circles but an e-visa is the tourist visa correct? I tried searching the website of Tokoyo Inn and Olympia City -- both websites DO NOT mention anything about a 7 day quarantine or any quarantine options

I feel a little hesitant booking a 7 day hotel stint if the website doesn't even mention anything about quarantine. I also emailed both hotels and haven't heard any response.

Are we supposed to just book the hotel on our own with no information about ASQ?
Also-- if booking at Toyoko or Olympia -- how do we get there? There are specific busses for each hotel?

SOrry for all the questions but one slip up and we can be screwed
I checked Tokyo inn website last night and they offer for sure but only for stays over 3 night. 95$ per night.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:36 pm
Regarding the new new normal, of quarantine and visas. Unless I'm mistaken, quarantine location is still assigned by the authorities, unless you have pre-booked. Is this not the case?
ASQ Booking is required if applying for an e-Visa. If coming with a VAPG (Guarantee) Certificate, the guarantor is required to pre-book the ASQ Hotel for the invitee.

Other foreigners have the option of either a) Pre-booked ASQ hotel, no deposit on arrival, or b) Pay deposit on arrival and ride the mystery bus to the hotel allocated to your flight by the MoH

Reference Kettles...every review I have read of the Quarantine hotels being used in Cambodia has a kettle
-

Not to talk in circles but an e-visa is the tourist visa correct? I tried searching the website of Tokoyo Inn and Olympia City -- both websites DO NOT mention anything about a 7 day quarantine or any quarantine options

I feel a little hesitant booking a 7 day hotel stint if the website doesn't even mention anything about quarantine. I also emailed both hotels and haven't heard any response.

Are we supposed to just book the hotel on our own with no information about ASQ?
Also-- if booking at Toyoko or Olympia -- how do we get there? There are specific busses for each hotel?

I checked Tokyo inn website last night and they offer for sure but only for stays over 3 night. 95$ per night.
I think your mistaken. I agree it listed something about ASQ-- but then it listed the specific visa we come in on.. And it listed the visa name but no E-visa no tourist visa..from what i remember
it says a minimum of 3 days...
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Kammekor
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Kammekor »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:39 pm
Kammekor wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:36 pm

-

I think your mistaken. I agree it listed something about ASQ-- but then it listed the specific visa we come in on.. And it listed the visa name but no E-visa no tourist visa..from what i remember
it says a minimum of 3 days...
Aren't you confusing e.visa which is the online process and E visa which is a visa class?
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

BklynBoy wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:31 pm an e-visa is the tourist visa correct? I tried searching the website of Tokoyo Inn and Olympia City -- both websites DO NOT mention anything about a 7 day quarantine or any quarantine options

Yes, e-Visa is the online electronic Tourist Visa.

Toyoko Inn & Olympia City were only officially launched as ASQ Hotels today, I have posted their price packages here (my internet is too crap at the moment, imgur won't let me upload pics)

dubdubdubdot facebook.com/groups/cambodiaquarantineexperience/permalink/331797978611480/
and here
dubdubdubdot facebook.com/groups/333901840112789/permalink/1940248962811394/

If you pre-book either, they provide their own transport for you from the airport to the hotel, as do all of the ASQ hotels.

Both hotels are part of the Dara Hotel Group, so don't get confused by the email addresses:

For Toyoko Inn, email
[email protected]
[email protected]

For Olympia City email
[email protected]
[email protected]

I thought you weren't planning on coming back until later next year? If so, then stop planning so far in advance, things are likely to change again very soon, and will definitely change by the time you plan to come next year.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic