Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

atst wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:09 am still can't apply for E type visa if not chinese when are they going to change this only T tourist available, do we need to wait or enter as tourist and do visa runs ?

https://evisa.gov.kh/
The E-type (Ordinary) Visa via the e-Visa website is available to Taiwanese passport holders ONLY, has been available to them since February, and remains the case now, due to political issues. All other nationalities have to apply for the E-type Visa via a Cambodian Embassy/Consulate, or wait until VOA's are available again.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

More affordable ASQ hotel options now available...

6. Toyoko Inn Hotel
https://darahotels.com/toyoko-inn-com/
email: [email protected]

7. Olympia City Hotel
https://darahotels.com/olympia-city-hotel/
phuketrichard
Expatriate
Aruba

Post by phuketrichard »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:11 pm More affordable ASQ hotel options now available...

6. Toyoko Inn Hotel
https://darahotels.com/toyoko-inn-com/

7. Olympia City Hotel
https://darahotels.com/olympia-city-hotel/
lol affordable:
Olympia city hotel on booking .com $110 double $86 for 1 on ur link $95
https://www.booking.com/hotel/kh/olympi ... ailability
just stayed 1 night 2 weeks ago best central point hotel on 172 in a twin room for only $14/night

did my quarantine in june at the Phnom Penh Era hotel and thta was only $50/night

my friend flies back to phuket nov 5th booked 7 nights at a 2 star SHA+ approved hotel in Patong for only $130 !!
only will sleep there as he has a house in phuket
Last edited by phuketrichard on Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a nation run by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together: not necessarily to win, but mainly to keep from losing completely. HST
mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

I saw an article, can’t remember where, and it listed Thailand as the most affordable place to stay during COVID (and anytime before that) anywhere in the universe and it has the cheapest coconuts.
People of the world, spice up your life.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@phuketrichard don't assume that the room rate for quarantine is the same as listed on sites such as booking.com

Room rates being charged for those who have been allocated to those hotels when riding the mystery bus were;
Olympia City Hotel $65 p/n
Toyoko Inn $55 p/n

Yea ok they're not $14/night hotels, but way more affordable than Sofitel, Raffles, Marriott, Sokha & Himawari.
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Bklynboy wrote:Do you think its safer to pre-book a quarantine hotel or enter with 1k?
I've just completed a stay at Toyoko-Inn.

I was actually pleasantly surprised when the latest regulations change was implemented, and applied to those currently in quarantine. We had PCR test#2 on 18th, and released about 24hrs later. Despite expectations, the local authorities had thought it through, which was a pleasant surprise.

My previous quarantines had accounted for some $1500 of the quarantine deposit. The latest, I guess will come to less than $800.

I was in fact eating only about one meal per day, over ten days. Given a seven day stay (seven being the short term understanding of the incubation period, so I'll not argue too much, just yet), I could very easily manage on minimal food supply from the hotel.

Disappointingly, the food was pretty mediocre at Toyoko, and so I would b hard pressed to select them as a pre-booking.

They had an A lA Carte menu. My first attempt at ordering from this resulted in a snotty reply from reception. The menu stated a closing time of 19:00hrs. I ordered at 18:45, to be informed that the restaurant closed at 18:00hrs. I was in possession of the old menu, supplied the day before by the hotel, directly to my room. The receptionist only said "what do you expect me to do, now?" Before telling me that she wasn't willing to talk to me any further.

My second attempt at ordering was initially hopeful, but about 10 minutes later, I was informed that they'd run out of supplies.
There wasn't a third attempt, although I did manage to acquire a bag of cashews for $8 and 2 bottles of Angkor.
The following day, we were released.

I'll not be book-marking the Toyoko; they don't even supply tea bags without a lot of haggling.

The fact of the matter is this-
With a reduced quarantine, unless your desire is to spend time in a hotel en-route to somewhere else in the kingdom, I'm sure most hardened travellers could pack sufficient dry supplies and MREs to get through a few days.
Tourist heaven it isn't, but the light at the end of the tunnel is a genuine sputtering candle.
Anchor Moy
Expatriate
Tokelau

Post by Anchor Moy »

^^ Thanks for all the details! Bring food and booze ? :voilent4: And tea-bags ?
Freightdog
Expatriate
Ireland

Post by Freightdog »

Anchor Moy wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:05 am ^^ Thanks for all the details! Bring food and booze ? :voilent4: And tea-bags ?
I travel with some dried staples- cup soup packets, that sort of thing.

Duty free has been open the last couple of times, even when city restrictions were in place. Vodka is a food stuff, right?

I can survive most things, but withholding tea is cruel and unusual punishment. I had gunpowder tea with me, but forgot to pack the Assam. Drat.
newkidontheblock
Expatriate

Post by newkidontheblock »

Freightdog (and others):

Thanks for the tip about packing a water boiler/ soup maker and kitchen utensils (and little food packs). Stayed in an expensive hotel in San Diego recently, they had neither in the room. Seems the more expensive the place, the fewer the amenities.

I sure hope e-visa and VOAs open up to all soon. Without restrictions and quarantines.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

@newkidontheblock , the e-Visa (electronic online Tourist Visa) is available to all Nationalities now, they amended the drop down list and added the countries that were missing the day after launch.

No need to bring an electric jug/kettle/water boiler whatever you call it, all the hotels being used for quarantine have in in the rooms.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic