Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Do you have a Cambodian trip report you want to share? Post it here, and feel free to link to your blog if it's a travel blog for Cambodia, South East Asia, or anywhere really. You can ask and answer questions about travel advice in Cambodia or just share your pictures and videos with us. Most people who live in or visit Cambodia have also checked out nearby countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines, and you can get to most of these countries by traveling overland, so put any travel plans, reviews or questions here. Discussions about dirt bike trails in here as well.
PSD-Kiwi
Expatriate
New Zealand

Re: Good News for Tourists - e-Visa available again

Post by PSD-Kiwi »

T-type (Tourist Visas) can now be applied for in advance from Cambodian Embassies/Consulates.

e-Visas (electronic online Tourist Visa) can be applied for from evisa.gov.kh (as per previous post)

Visa Exempt Entry (ASEAN passport holders) permitted.

mannanman
Expatriate
Isle of Man

Post by mannanman »

It’s like 2019. N-n-n-n-nineteen, N-n-n-n-nineteen.
People of the world, spice up your life.
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

Doc67 wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:17 am
PSD-Kiwi wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:53 pm They have updated the drop down list and all those countries which were previously missing have now been added. 👍🏾
Oh no, the Americans are coming...

Check please!
Don't do me like that dude!!... lol I promise no Pontoon! .. I heard Love club has opened .. i know you cannot wait
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Pizzalover
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by Pizzalover »

I would be a bit less than excited. While the reduced quarantine and the t-visa are nice, it is by no means anywhere near 2019.
1.) you can get an ordinary visa only with the proper paperwork (education, work).
2.) the hotel you have to book for a t visa are such that swallow your 1000 USD in an instant. Yes, i know, with a hotel reservation you do not need to show the 1000. But then the airline checkin staff insisted on 2000 when those were no longer needed to show.
3.) add to that the ticket prices

It is still a very costly affair but it is possible.

I will make sure my current EOS will never leave me....
BklynBoy
Expatriate
United States of America

Post by BklynBoy »

PSD-Kiwi wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:35 pm T-type (Tourist Visas) can now be applied for in advance from Cambodian Embassies/Consulates.

e-Visas (electronic online Tourist Visa) can be applied for from evisa.gov.kh (as per previous post)

Visa Exempt Entry (ASEAN passport holders) permitted.

Do you think its safer to pre-book a quarantine hotel or enter with 1k? Whichever airport people travel from-- they might not be as aware of the rules. I would hate to pre-book then the airport staff dont' let you in because no cash on hand.

Or maybe do both? Pre-book and have 1k handy in case the airline staff are unaware or being bitchy about it. Someone else mentioned it but the 1k would be easily gone from a 7 day stint..
the link below is for a 7 day stink at Marriot Courtyard

https://apis.mail.yahoo.com/ws/v3/mailb ... MailNorrin
Manhattan keeps on making it, Brooklyn keeps on taking it
Bongmab69
Expatriate
Belgium

Post by Bongmab69 »

I am waiting until some "normal" hotels offer the 7 days, on more or less "normal" prices. Useally i pay about 25 US a night in PP, why should i pay now 6 times more to be locked in a room !! ?? Anyway, i am still in Phuket at about 500 US a month in a nice 3 star hotel. If it stays like that, i wouldnt move my ass from here !! ??
atst
Expatriate
New Zealand

Post by atst »

still can't apply for E type visa if not chinese when are they going to change this only T tourist available, do we need to wait or enter as tourist and do visa runs ?

https://evisa.gov.kh/
I'm standing up, so I must be straight.
What's a poor man do when the blues keep following him around.(Smoking Dynamite)
Woody
Expatriate
Australia

Post by Woody »

I am definitely not doing visa runs, I just hope they clear this up soon
sigmoid
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by sigmoid »

Strawberryshake wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:37 am Spain, Portugal no visa no quarantines no insurance no face masks no pcr testings no lockdown no nothing goodbye!!
Yes, North Americans have a number of similar options to the south: Mexico, Dominican Republic, Brazil, Costa Rica, etc. that are warm and open with few to no restrictions. Obviously, they're closer too meaning cheaper short flights.

Thailand, Cambodia and other ASEAN nations could get some expats and some of the Asian market if they managed to open in the coming weeks.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
I may be going to hell in a bucket,
but at least I'm enjoying the ride.
timmydownawell
Expatriate
Cambodia

Post by timmydownawell »

atst wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:09 am still can't apply for E type visa if not chinese when are they going to change this only T tourist available, do we need to wait or enter as tourist and do visa runs ?

https://evisa.gov.kh/
You weren't previously able to get "E" class (business) visas on that site anyway (except for... Taiwanese?) so I doubt they will suddenly do it now.

Unless they do.

They seem to like the tight grip they've got on potential long term entrants. But sooner or later they're gonna need to relax things IF they want people back.
You must walk in traffic to cross the road - Cambodian proverb
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic